365xt/372 porting pics

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually haven't decided yet, I'm thinking of leaving the base gasket also and just opening up the ports and taking a little off the piston on the intake side, Bob (Spike60) told me he's had success with just a little work.

I think it's all about effort and returns. A good MM will help a lot and is bolt-on easy. Opening up the lower transfers / case matching cylinder is just some straight forward dremel work and also helps a fair bit. Gasket delete to increase compression helps a tad too. If it's an xtorq then grinding out the transfer divider is pretty easy (if you have a security torx bit) and helps. Taken all together its a noticeable improvement.

Cutting the cylinder and squish band for increased compression and smaller combustion chamber is more work and usually requires money or donuts. But does produce a measurable increase over base gasket delete.

Grinding/shaping upper transfers and other tricks is even more work for even smaller marginal returns.

It just comes down to how much effort for how much return do you want.

Actually haven't decided yet, I'm thinking of leaving the base gasket also and just opening up the ports and taking a little off the piston on the intake side, Bob (Spike60) told me he's had success with just a little work.
Depends on how hot you want to go. That should net a decent gain that way.

Back