371XP top end

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EuroOrBust

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Recently acquired a 371xp with a scorn piston and cylinder. This isn’t a full rebuild just a beater saw to run thru the paces, anyone have any luck with the Warhawk cylinder kits from HLS. Price seems too good to be true, or should I just go with someone better like a meteor or hyway?

Recently acquired a 371xp with a scorn pistol and cylinder. This isn’t a full rebuild just a beater saw to run thru the paces, anyone have any luck with the Warhawk cylinder kits from HLS. Price seems too good to be true, or should I just go with someone better like a meteor or hyway?

Go with a Husqvarna piston and cylinder. Their prices on top ends is super reasonable. Should be able to find one for under $150.

371s are not beater saws. They are good saws and deserve to be rebuilt completely. A good running 371 will put a smile on your face every time you use it.
I don’t have the time right now for a full rebuild, maybe down the road. There’s plans to put a big bore kit on it one day.

I don't know about longevity
The only good running am bb cylinder kits I've tried are the hyway bb kits
With the popup piston.
I've seen oem cylinder kits for 125.00 or so and they are proven and consistent.

I don't know about longevity
The only good running am bb cylinder kits I've tried are the hyway bb kits
With the popup piston.
I've seen oem cylinder kits for 125.00 or so and they are proven and consistent.
I have yet to come across an OEM one that cheap

I have yet to come across an OEM one that cheap
no but there only a few $ more and worth the money

Husqvarna 503939372 Piston Cylinder Assembly Chainsaw Cut-Off-Saw 362 371 372​

Genuine OEM Part - Factory Authorized Dealer/Retailer​

2 product ratings | Write a review

Condition:
New

Quantity:
Last one33 sold / See feedback

Price:
US $133.99
No Interest if paid in full in 6 mo on $99+*No Interest if paid in full in 6 months on $99+.

Was:$179.99 (25% off)

Latest posts

Back