372xpw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Today I picked up a pair of 372xps oe. Turns out one is a xpw, previous owner removed a perfectly good top end and replaced it with a Hyway popup cylinder kit, I have the original top end in the box of parts, cylinder looks good enough, piston is probably usable. I'm either going to find a good piston which I'm finding to be a rare thing. So far, all I'm finding is a red barn version. Was hoping to find a meteor piston, but I don't see those anywhere. Maybe I will reuse the piston in that case, but would like to replace rings if I do that. How do I find xpw rings? I think the are 51.4 mm? any idea how to find those, doesn't seem very common. Thanks. The second sawI have not looked at yet, it's in a box in pieces, and I think it probably also has a hyway top end. Thanks for your input.

Today I picked up a pair of 372xps oe. Turns out one is a xpw, previous owner removed a perfectly good top end and replaced it with a Hyway popup cylinder kit, I have the original top end in the box of parts, cylinder looks good enough, piston is probably usable. I'm either going to find a good piston which I'm finding to be a rare thing. So far, all I'm finding is a red barn version. Was hoping to find a meteor piston, but I don't see those anywhere. Maybe I will reuse the piston in that case, but would like to replace rings if I do that. How do I find xpw rings? I think the are 51.4 mm? any idea how to find those, doesn't seem very common. Thanks. The second sawI have not looked at yet, it's in a box in pieces, and I think it probably also has a hyway top end. Thanks for your input.
Rings are rare for sure, couple places FireDog and Repair Clinic online claim to have them don't know if either are reliable - 503289039 part #. Jacks Small Engines claims to have an OEM piston for $149. Meteor and Caber never made anything for it far as I can tell.

Latest posts

Back