372 or 385 need help !!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SWE#Kipp

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
372xpg or a 385xpg thats the 8500 kronor question ,,,,,, have read all posts with title 372 or 385 but couldn't find a good compare on the two saws ,,
how big is the difference between two ?? (working performance)

going to order one of the two tomorrow but were i live its impossible to one hold in your hands, the biggest saws in the stores are 357:s :(
Saw is going to be used for pine, spruce(?) breech(?) and some hardwood,
bars that will be used is 16" 20" 28", 28" will be used very rarely

Any input on the subject would be appreciated !!!

(I have used the search function)

/Kristoffer

I say 372, it runs a 28" bar no problem, if you want a little faster get a 385. Used 372s a lot, good saw. I really like the 288XP, can't say the 385 is as worthy by just looking at it.

:jawdrop: I have never used a saw in the class in question, but I have to say that I am a bit puzzled that you are considering the 385xp at all, for what you are describing...:confused:

The Dolmar 7900 would give you the extra power without the extra weight, if you need it (which I seriously doubt).

Is it to be a replacement for the 262xp, or an addition to the inventory?

replacment

Its for both the 372 and 262 which have been sold !!
I now both are overkill for what its going to used for ,,, but its nice to have some extra power i think ,, maybe the 385 is too much,, thats what I'm trying to figure out ,,

thanks for all inputs !!

/Kristoffer

Depends on how much weight you want to lug around! I have a 2186 (385xp equivalent) and a couple 372's. MY 372's aren't stock anymore, but they almost cut as fast as the 2186, but are down a little low on the torque compared to the bigger brother. I myself prefer the 372 for weight, size and power. The 2186 is quite a bit heavier, and is bigger and bulkier than the narrower 372. I like the power output, but isn't worth the extra weight in my opinion. I am thinking about offing the 2186 for the highly claimed 7900 that I keep reading about.

The 372 will handle a 28" bar in moderate use in hardwoods, hell my 365 ran one before I had the 372. For the amount and size of the wood you will be cutting, I would reccommend the 372.

-Steve

372xpg

getting a new 372xpg next week !!
thanks for your input and time on this !!

/Kristoffer

Perfect choice......something im thinking about......very nice all around saw.....:cheers:

Back