372 XP coil wire routing question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sawjo

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
i have a new 372XP that I am cleaning up. I removed the starter cover and see two channels to insert the blue coil wire. The ignigtion wire obviously goes into the top but I can't decide which of the two lower channels shouild I push the then the thinner blue wire or if it makes a difference - the wire fits
in bot channels the same Here's a photo

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The picture is correct

The upper small channel is for the ground wire of the off and on switch but now it is fastened to ground off to the right of the picture rather than under a coil mounting screw on the left of the picture.

The gray plastic cover is called the "air dam" and the reason it has two channels for wiring is the second channel would be occupied by the generator wire
on the "XPG" models, the saws with heated handlebars and carburetors. There is only one wire that goes to the coil normally, in this case the blue wire, which
routes back to the on/off switch. The grounding wire for the on/off switch is screwed to the case, as seen in the right side of your picture. This is the configuration
on all 362/365/371/372/372XT saws. So if you had the XPG saw, you'd have two wires in your air dam- one going to the kill switch
and one going to the "heating" switch.

Latest posts

Back