372 xpw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If that 372 runs better than your 044, your 044 has major issues, LOL.:dizzy: I'd sell the 372, find out why the 044 is down on power, fix it and then you will have a good 044 and 7900. At least junk that cylinder if you decide to keep the 372, that won't be a reliable saw with the hacked up cyl., it would be better with a stock chicom or oem.

the 372xpw should be a stronger runner than the 044 it is what 5-6 ccs bigger? i would still prefer the 044 since i own one but its not surprising the xpw spanked the 044. infacct the xpw should never lose to a 044 and im a stihl guy dont own a husky.

The crappy port job someone did on it must have helped it some. The xpw is 75cc, the big bore is 76, the 044 is 70.7. The 044 has a dual port exhaust now. I hope to get to test them against each other soon in some oak.

The crappy port job someone did on it must have helped it some. The xpw is 75cc, the big bore is 76, the 044 is 70.7. The 044 has a dual port exhaust now. I hope to get to test them against each other soon in some oak.

i would run the 044 over the xpw. i dont like how a husky feels in my hands, feels like im trying to cut with a wet noodle. but theres no reason i could think of if the 044 and the xpw are both running good with same bar and chain the xpw should have the better cut time in large wood, say over 28 inches

I bought the 044 used about 4 years ago. It would run with a WHS 460 I had if you had the whole bar buried. I checked the squish on it and it was around .025. It may be modded a little bit, I've never taken the cylinder apart to see. The av of the huskys is worth it over the stihl for me. I've had stihls until early this year when I bought the dolmar. i bought one xpw used and another new one now.

I bought the 044 used about 4 years ago. It would run with a WHS 460 I had if you had the whole bar buried. I checked the squish on it and it was around .025. It may be modded a little bit, I've never taken the cylinder apart to see. The av of the huskys is worth it over the stihl for me. I've had stihls until early this year when I bought the dolmar. i bought one xpw used and another new one now.

im very happy with my 044 with a 30 inch cannon bar with stihl loops and a powermate 7 pin rim.

I've run a 32" full comp chain on mine cutting a big pine tree. I usually run a 24" on it. My favorite saw is probably the dolmar out of the ones I have right now.

I've run a 32" full comp chain on mine cutting a big pine tree. I usually run a 24" on it. My favorite saw is probably the dolmar out of the ones I have right now.

on a 044? doesnt surprise me i run a 30 with no problems in softwood.

Yes on the 044. The biggest bar I have in a husky mount is 28". I used to have a ms460 that was modified.

Latest posts

Back