372xp non x torq rebuild

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kriminal

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hey guys, I’m just looking for your recommendations as to what to do here. I got a 372 non x torq as parts and the saw was a victim of a porting nightmare by the previous owner. There was chunks of metal and debris in the bottom end so I decided to tear it down. Upon doing so, I found this gouge on the outer edge of the bearing channel. I ordered a highway crank from wolf creek saw shop, along with their skf bearings and seals to replace all the parts even though the crank itself is surprisingly still good. I just don’t want there to be little bits of metal that could make it’s way up into the top end or cause any more damage. I’m wondering if you all would be considering the damage too bad to work with before moving forward? I was thinking it wouldn’t affect much seeing as how it’s only on the portion of the bearing wall. Just curious to see what you all think. Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_0292.jpeg
    IMG_0292.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0291.jpeg
    IMG_0291.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
That damage looks like it as caused by the case splitter... possibly not center up correctly in the case .
I think you'll be ok in this one .

Ernie

Latest posts

Back