394 no spark

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clearance

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
My 394 has no spark, I checked the plug on another saw, its good. What is most likely wrong with it? I don't have the owners manual, not a saw mechanic, should I take it to the shop or can I fix it myself?, thank you for help, Jim.

Heard a lot about crapped out coils. Mine never went completely bad, just quit when it got some heat to it. Put a new (used) one in, good as old.

Try the fix yourself, If i can learn to work on saws, anyone can. They are one of the easiest gas powered things I have learned to fix. I think you could train a monkey to fix a saw.:monkey:

Check your switch, I have had trouble with dirt in the contacts, and the ignitions going bad. Worth a look. You should be able to fix it yourself,

Last edited:
drmiller100 said:
a logger told me huskies are awesome saws, except the stupid shut off switch goes bad all the time.

Sounds like a good call. I love huskies, but they do eat switches. Especially the consumer models on which the switches are notorious.

I've not had that problem, but plenty of friends have.

If you remove the recoil cover you will see a wire connected to the coil with a spade terminal. Remove the wire by pulling the spade terminal from the coil. Tuck the wire out of the way of any moving parts and install the recoil cover. Now check for spark. This will eliminate the switch and wire. If you still have no spark take it to your dealer for a warranty evaluation.

Freakingstang said:
Might take atrip to the dealer. That coil should fall under the lifetime warrenty....
I agree with Dr. Freak. First I would check the stop switch. I would check with your Husky dealer about the ignition module if the switch checks out o.k.
:chainsaw:

Back