395 muffler mod pics

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cherrycutter

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Looking for some ideas on how to mod my 395 muffler. Search didn't reveal any pictures. I was thinking on drilling through the lower bracket like on a 346 or 372 any ideas? :dizzy:

attachment.php

this is husky 394 defelctor , top of the 359 muffler has been reworked and its noncat muffler that i cut in half and gutted the chambers
attachment.php

A cleaner option would be the Husqvarna 288XP deflector, screen, and screws, mounted on the bar side of the muffler. I just did this to my 346XP and have another set ready to go for my 372XP, looks factory and allows you to make the port as big or little as you want. Evan's looks like it might melt some plastic, vents almost straight up, no?

Scott

yeah its meltn plastic.

i need to completly close the top of the muffler and do 1" round spark tube. off the side or front somewhere

A cleaner option would be the Husqvarna 288XP deflector, screen, and screws, mounted on the bar side of the muffler. I just did this to my 346XP and have another set ready to go for my 372XP, looks factory and allows you to make the port as big or little as you want. Evan's looks like it might melt some plastic, vents almost straight up, no?

Scott

Hey Scott,

Do you have any images of this muffler mod? I have been thinking about something similar on my 346XP. How much did the 288XP screen, deflector, and screws set you back?

Thanks,
Dan

I'll try to take a pic tonight. They weren't cheap, and I get a slim discount for buying $1000+ worth of saws in a one month period. I think like $20 per set (deflector, screen, two screws). I drilled a 1/2 in hole in the side of the muffler and positioned the deflector where it would sit flush and be out of the way of the inner chain guard doohickey. [/Techno jargon] Really didn't make it that much louder but leaned it out and makes more power.

Scott

Here's the same mod on a 372XP and where I got the idea.

attachment.php

Parts and numbers.

7900Mufflera001.jpg

Scott

Scott,

That is a slick, stock looking mod. Did you have to open up the muffler and remove anything, or did you just poke a hole in it? I haven't pulled the muffler off of my 346XP yet. It is a fun saw stock, but....:)

346XP but not the way I did it, kinda over engineered this one I think. :confused:

attachment.php

There was nothing inside other than the two bolt tubes that hold the muffler to the cylinder. 1/2 in drill bit and a couple of small holes for the screws and away we go! The trick is putting the muffler, bolts, gasket and heatshield back on the cylinder after the fact, took a couple of tries.

Scott

Last edited:
I stole the images, I believe Twolf is the guilty party. His mod and such. Great alternative to those of us that can't weld worth a crap.

Scott

I've got a killer dealer right next door to my work, treats me well and discounts on all parts. 346XP was $469 with powerbox, 372XP powerhead was $769. Parts are 10% off I believe.

Scott

My dealer sells the 372 xpW for $660 with your choice of B&C. Im thinking about buying a second just to keep for the near future when this saw won't be produced.:dizzy:

Latest posts

Back