395xp carb limiters

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MS460WOODCHUCK

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I got a new 395 and want to MM it. I took a look at the carb screws and they did'nt turn very far before they stopped. The screws seem to have stops on them but I can't see them, like they are inside the carb or something. Any info on this would be helpful guys.:msp_confused:

2 screw drivers can let you adjust the carb. If I remember right you can push the limiter in and turn the screw a little and put it in another range of adjustment within the limiters.

Or you can use the splined carb tool, works slick and nothing is tampered with...... :cool2:

I have 2 of the tools for my 346 but did'nt realize the limiters pushed in and well...now I do!

Rumor has it they're only a couple bucks on the interweb :D

That has been realised, but sometimes someone may need to make adjustments prior to the arrival of such a tool or may be quite happy to use other methods hence the offerings of Mdavlee and myself.

It's good to see the OP is happy with the advise given. It's why people offer advise for others to benefit from on these forums. You'd know this TK, being a moderator on another forum!
;)

That has been realised, but sometimes someone may need to make adjustments prior to the arrival of such a tool or may be quite happy to use other methods hence the offerings of Mdavlee and myself.

It's good to see the OP is happy with the advise given. It's why people offer advise for others to benefit from on these forums. You'd know this TK, being a moderator on another forum!
;)

Very true, if adjustments need to be made sooner rather than later then alternative action must be taken. Once the limiters have been defeated, there is no need for the aforementioned spline tool! :msp_thumbsup:

I know this thread is 6 years old. But is all I have to do to adjust the carburetor on my 395XP is to get the splined tool and this will defeat the EPA limiters on the H/L adjustment screws? I don't have to cut the ears off the screws or otherwise modify anything? I am going to do the muffler mod on my 395XP and I will need to richen up the mixture to compensate for the increased exhaust flow. Unfortunately, as is most pics, these pics are long gone too

Splined Adjustment Tool 530035560 on Amazon

41BuqrJR23L._SL1000_.jpg

Back