395xp tank vent

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Derf

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
The vent is near the hole that passes into the fuel tank. You have to remove, or lower, the tank to see it. Newer 395 models have an elbow with rubber hose (brass plugged) coming up into the carb area.

Can anyone snap a picture of the tank vent on a newer 395 coming into the carb area. It looks like mine was removed after it exited the tank and I don't have the elbow or a hole for it to come up into the carb area. I have new parts on order, but I'm not sure where they will route to enter the carb area. Pictures are worth 1000 words. Thanks.

Very much - I have some carb heating wires coming up through that rubber grommet... But I spied that hose-holder tab in the corner and suspected it was to hold the brass plug on the end of the breather.

I tried to route the tank vent hose thru that grommet on mine. But couldn't figure out how to do it without seriously kinking the hose. So I just put about a 1" piece of the hose on the elbow coming out of the tank vent and put the brass plug in the end of the hose. You can swivel the elbow over and it will just about lay down flat. Works great so far. Only did that so that I could use the brass plug. I believe the tank vent mechanism is inside a long tube that pushes into the tank. I guess the porous brass plug is just an extra measure to prevent leaks if fuel gets past the vent when the saw is on its side, etc. If you can figure out how to run the hose into the carb base without kinks, please post a pic.

Latest posts

Back