46" or larger rails and handle for Granberg? Buy aluminum stock or buy from Granberg?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

agurkas

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have one of the knock-off 36" granbergs. Now I need wider. So the option is spend $100 on Granberg rails and handle or get aluminum stock and make my own length.

What would you do? If I should go with aluminum stock, what the heck is that extrusion called? I tried T-channel and nut channel and got everything but what I need.

I used the 80/20 extruded t-slot material. They have a lot of different sizes so you have to measure carefully to get what you want. I did have to modify the t-bolts that came with my mark III granberg, but the 80/20 profile is stronger than the granberg extruded profile so I didn't mind. Could order t-bolts from 90/20 that would eliminate the need to modify, but I didn't know it was going to be needed till the aluminum arrived and it was easier to modify the bolts I had than to order new.

Latest posts

Back