50cc pro saw king

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

50cc pro king

• Husqvarna 550xp

Votes: 53 52.0%
  • STIHL 261c

Votes: 39 38.2%
  • Makita ea 5000

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • Dolmar ps510

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Jonsereds cs 2250

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 064 with 18” bar

Votes: 5 4.9%

• Total voters
man that 550xp is really laboring thru that red oak lol !!!

The top two 50cc saws on the market are the 261cm v2 and the 550xp.

I'm a Stihl guy so I stick with what I have, but the 550xp ain't no joke.

I think it boils down to intended use to pick the "best" between the two.

If you're constantly starting and stopping (limbing, pruning, etc) the saw in addition to living in my neck of the woods, the 261 makes more sense as it doesn't present the same hot start issues as the 550xp.

BUT, if you're primary use is cutting firewood with constant running tank to tank and you live in a "cooler" environment, the 550xp will take the day.

Just my two cents...

Nope ... beat OE 48cc and NE 50 cc junior ! I’m runnin 3/8 ps 63

First your ignorance knows no bounds, OE is 45cc, second ask anyone who has ported them, or ran them stock, the 346 is still the king of that size but since we are talking current production runs, I will admit the 261 is a great 50cc saw and the 241 is a great 40cc saw, I like my black and red version of the 550xp MMWS ported it and it runs great, never gave me an issue. If I was a Stihl guy I would buy a 261, if I were a husky guy I would take the 550, I have ran booth and performance is really close imo, now saying a 241 is close to a 346.... Well then you are on drugs.

The top two 50cc saws on the market are the 261cm v2 and the 550xp.

I'm a Stihl guy so I stick with what I have, but the 550xp ain't no joke.

I think it boils down to intended use to pick the "best" between the two.

If you're constantly starting and stopping (limbing, pruning, etc) the saw in addition to living in my neck of the woods, the 261 makes more sense as it doesn't present the same hot start issues as the 550xp.

BUT, if you're primary use is cutting firewood with constant running tank to tank and you live in a "cooler" environment, the 550xp will take the day.

Just my two cents...

I like poking fun, in good fun, but the 543,550,562, and now the 572 are all great, very capable machines. I dont see the 346 topping a 550, or they wouldnt have dropped it from the lineup.

First your ignorance knows no bounds, OE is 45cc, second ask anyone who has ported them, or ran them stock, the 346 is still the king of that size but since we are talking current production runs, I will admit the 261 is a great 50cc saw and the 241 is a great 40cc saw, I like my black and red version of the 550xp MMWS ported it and it runs great, never gave me an issue. If I was a Stihl guy I would buy a 261, if I were a husky guy I would take the 550, I have ran booth and performance is really close imo, now saying a 241 is close to a 346.... Well then you are on drugs.
Well I guess Snelling is on drugs then ... perhaps you should do your research sir ... shooting from the hip makes one go hungry !

Stock the 346 was 2.7kw/3.6 hp. It gives up 0.4 hp to the 261, and that's major in the world of small one sluggers.

It's close enough, if you ran them and ported it's not close, the 346 is very easy to mod, no base gasket, mm, timing advance and 357/359 carb, elbow and filter setup more then makes up the difference, you can just get more out of them, especially ported, there is a reason every 3 cube racer runs a 346 if they want to be competitive.

It's close enough, if you ran them and ported it's not close, the 346 is very easy to mod, no base gasket, mm, timing advance and 357/359 carb, elbow and filter setup more then makes up the difference, you can just get more out of them, especially ported, there is a reason every 3 cube racer runs a 346 if they want to be competitive.
Yes Dustin we understand the quad port design ... the fact of the matter (if you take the time to read and more importantly comprehend) Mr. Snelling’s finding you will discover, much to your chagrin , that the little 241c outcuts your beloved husqvarna 346xp in the same wood ! I’m not a fan of Brad however I must give credit where credit is due ... and that is he has done many unbiased saw comparisons and the proof is on video ! Of course you don’t “do videos “ so go fish ! It’s not that you are ignorant Dustin ; it’s just that so much of what you know ... just isn’t so

Explain to me why no one runs them. In 3 cube then?
I won’t bother Dustin ; it’s a waste of time ... when presented evidence contrary to your belief(s) you simply refuse to accept or acknowledge them or decide to continue with ad hominem attacks ! You’ve demonstrated this “pattern” of behavior on many occcasions junior ... fine ... do your way ... I don’t care ... out !!!

Latest posts

Back