543xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tcirre

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Need help if possible! I have a Husqvarna 543xp with less than 20 tanks through it that completely bogs down when make a cut but idles and revs completely as it should with no issues. It has a new carb, plug, fuel lines and filters around. Comps at 115psi. No leaks on vacuum test. Aside from maybe the coil being shotty, which I’ve held off on replacing as I’m not sure if there is a good garage test, I’m at a complete loss. Any help is appreciated. TIA!

Attachments

• IMG_2167.MOV
    36.5 MB
Try making a cut without the air filter installed, if it doesn't bog the filter mesh isn't letting enough through. I had this happen on one of my craftsman saws and the air filter was choking it out in the cut.. FYI you can buy an air filter at home depot since the ryobi 3714 & 16 use the same style filter.

Partially plugged exhaust screen or heat shield/gasket broke and closing part of port? But if u did pressure vac test I’m sure u would have checked that.

Partially plugged exhaust screen or heat shield/gasket broke and closing part of port? But if u did pressure vac test I’m sure u would have checked that.
I’ve pulled the arrestor screen. And yes, no issues on the shield gasket.

Need help if possible! I have a Husqvarna 543xp with less than 20 tanks through it that completely bogs down when make a cut but idles and revs completely as it should with no issues. It has a new carb, plug, fuel lines and filters around. Comps at 115psi. No leaks on vacuum test. Aside from maybe the coil being shotty, which I’ve held off on replacing as I’m not sure if there is a good garage test, I’m at a complete loss. Any help is appreciated. TIA!
Is your comp tester accurate? How many pulls did you do?

I’ve pulled the arrestor screen. And yes, no issues on the shield gasket.
How did the piston look? If you didn't notice the condition pull the muffler and check it.

Is your comp tester accurate? How many pulls did you do?
I’ve had no issues with it on my other saws and work I do. I tend to start with 5 or so just to verify seal and move on to 10-15 for final reading. Pending saw I’ve had it read from 50 to 165.

I’m no pro but I do saw repair on the side and non of my experience or equipment has failed me yet. I use a buddy’s pressure system. This saw has many confused. Five others couldn’t get it to even run. I’ve done a complete tear down and put back with no issues other than one carb gasket and replaced fuel lines. This is a friend(customer) saw and he doesn’t want to invest much into it as it’s basically new. So I’ve done everything I can think of other than a coil replacement but I don’t feel that’s the issue as I’ve stated the idle and stand alone throttle is very accurate and responsive so I don’t feel it’s a timing issue.

I
I’d be putting a new ring in it to say the least if the piston is as pristine a he is saying. 115 if accurate is barley running compression.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Who knows what piston is even in it? China Crap? The first post said it had a low amount of tanks of fuel run through it does that mean it was brand new or someone rebuilt it? Does that saw use the small plug that somtimes requires an adapter on the comp tester ? And if so was that setup accurate on other saws?

Long shot but has happened, mostly on br420s though, loosen the muffler so that has space between port and muffler, or you could take muffler off and load test it. possible baffles weren’t cut open Or muffler plugged but for unknown reason didn’t plug screen

I Who knows what piston is even in it? China Crap? The first post said it had a low amount of tanks of fuel run through it does that mean it was brand new or someone rebuilt it? Does that saw use the small plug that somtimes requires an adapter on the comp tester ? And if so was that setup accurate on other saws?

They use a small plug, outside of the carburetor you can't get aftermarket parts for the 543xp. Piston & cylinder for the 543 and the redmax gz4350 only come from Japan.

They use a small plug, outside of the carburetor you can't get aftermarket parts for the 543xp. Piston & cylinder for the 543 and the redmax gz4350 only come from Japan.

Who is to say they didn’t clean the cylinder and put this in...

27c467612560254f4f69a5d9edd94129.jpg

Who is to say they didn’t clean the cylinder and put this in...

27c467612560254f4f69a5d9edd94129.jpg

That's close to what I payed the for for the piston I bought when I was going to do a conversion on another saw I have. It had the Husqvarna H on the inside of the piston but was in box with the company name and website on it. That was a few years ago. Average price for a piston is 70$ though if you don't find a deal.

Oh no, don’t tell me there’s issues with these 543XP’s, I just bought one of these for my Dad. He’s getting older, so we wanted a lighter but dependable quality saw, and I picked up this for him. I know it’s made in Japan and all, but it’s not China made right. Is this a one off, or are there actual widespread issues with this saw? I figured if Husqvarna put their pro label on it, it must be decent?

Oh no, don’t tell me there’s issues with these 543XP’s, I just bought one of these for my Dad. He’s getting older, so we wanted a lighter but dependable quality saw, and I picked up this for him. I know it’s made in Japan and all, but it’s not China made right. Is this a one off, or are there actual widespread issues with this saw? I figured if Husqvarna put their pro label on it, it must be decent?

They are a good reliable saw, most who have don't have issues with them. They don't get much love here because they aren't actually a husqvarna design and designed by zenoah which is called redmax in the USA.

Back