• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Withdrawn 54mm NOS Piston for 045/056 Super

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Curious if the Stihl part numbers are different for the 54mm pistons & cylinders with & without the windows?

I’ve only seen the numbers 1115 030 2002 & 1115 020 1205 in the IPLs, and no mention of a 54mm piston revision in the old Stihl tech notes.

Curious if the Stihl part numbers are different for the 54mm pistons & cylinders with & without the windows?

I’ve only seen the numbers 1115 030 2002 & 1115 020 1205 in the IPLs, and no mention of a revision in the old Stihl tech notes.
I’m right there with you. I don’t see separate part numbers in the references I have.

Can you put a 288xp piston in it or maybe cut down another old style 54mm piston?
I think I’ll try that. I’ll look for another quality piston with plenty of compression height and skirt length to trim down. The 288 piston does not have quite enough compression height to fit without losing compression. Maybe 385, or something else Meteor makes.

I think I’m going to look for another quality piston with plenty of compression height and skirt length to trim down. The 288 piston does not have quite enough compression height to fit without losing compression. Maybe 385, or something else Meteor makes.
385 is Likly shorter. They run the same 38mm stroke. 2100 type is what you might look for in 38 or 40mm strokes. The older saws had a bunch of 52 offerings before the piston materials improved.

Back