• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Withdrawn Bosch Flywheel & Stator for Stihl 045 or 056

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Entisol

ArboristSite Lurker
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello, I'm looking for a Bosch flywheel for my 045 AVSE. I would also like a Bosch ignition to go with it (I want the coil and stator plate, it's OK if the module doesn't work). My 045 AVSE has a failing SEM type GE, and I can't figure out how to fix the SEM module. I'd like to convert over to Bosch, which I can fix with an aftermarket ignition module. Thanks, have a good one!

A couple of Bosch CDI flywheels are on fleabay, no way would I buy a used Bosch CDI stator. A new Saegenspezi is the best option.

There’s a german hack on YT where he cuts off a SEM GE module & installs an early Bosch points type coil and Bosch points flywheel with a NOVA chip. Problem with that is now the Bosch points FW is like a hens tooth to find.

I have a nos 045/056 coil and flywheel setup

I don't have the part number in front of me but, if you are interested message me and I can get you all the information and pictures

A couple of Bosch CDI flywheels are on fleabay, no way would I buy a used Bosch CDI stator. A new Saegenspezi is the best option.

There’s a german hack on YT where he cuts off a SEM GE module & installs an early Bosch points type coil and Bosch points flywheel with a NOVA chip. Problem with that is now the Bosch points FW is like a hens tooth to find.

I wish I spoke better German! I had seen that video before, and I wondered what flywheel he was using

Hotshot, do you know if the 1115 404 3200 coil off of a Bosch electronic ignition will mount to a SEM stator plate? Is the hole spacing the same? I'm wondering if I can get a Nova chip to work with my SEM plate and Bosch coil, though the SEM flywheel may still be a problem.

Hotshot, do you know if the 1115 404 3200 coil off of a Bosch electronic ignition will mount to a SEM stator plate? Is the hole spacing the same? I'm wondering if I can get a Nova chip to work with my SEM plate and Bosch coil, though the SEM flywheel may still be a problem.

Yes of course, as it’s exactly what the german YT guy used, but that coil number you gave is for early Bosch points only type, not the CDI. I’ve never seen a Bosch CDI “coil only” offered separately by Stihl for repair, you just bought the whole stator.

Look at second pic in post #11 in this thread below, I copied the german YT set up (just to see if it was more YT bullchit) & it did make blue spark. However, I never ran it on a saw to check the timing.

https://www.arboristsite.com/thread...convert-to-bosch-ignition.351529/post-7506544
Good luck with the spark repair, which ever option you choose.

Yes of course, as it’s exactly what the german YT guy used, but that coil number you gave is for early Bosch points only type, not the CDI. I’ve never seen a Bosch CDI “coil only” offered separately by Stihl for repair, you just bought the whole stator.

Look at second pic in post #11 in this thread below, I copied the german YT set up (just to see if it was more YT bullchit) & it did make blue spark. However, I never ran it on a saw to check the timing.

https://www.arboristsite.com/thread...convert-to-bosch-ignition.351529/post-7506544
Good luck with the spark repair, which ever option you choose.
Got it. You know a lot about these saws, thanks Hotshot!

Latest posts

Back