• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell 55 Rancher for sale with an 18" .058-3/8 bar

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moosemcnally

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
20150228_102851.jpg I have a 55 Rancher for sale with an 18" .058-3/8 bar. Comes with two full chisel chains. Both are sound and serviceable. The saw run starts and cuts awesome. It oils well and consistently.

I purchased a 562XP earlier this year and promised the wife I'd have this Rancher sold by the beginning of March and now I only have the 29-31 of February left to sell it (JK)!!!

This was my sons learning saw so it was very well taken care of while he was learning to care for a saw. He is off to college soon so we don't need it around. Truth be told we don't need any saws..our home has a pellet stove. CAD.

I am looking for 250.00 plus you pay shipping. Whatever I pay to ship...you pay.

His saw has the smiley faces on it so he knew which one was his. Our family owned 4 of them at one point.

Attachments

• 20150228_102925.jpg
    20150228_102925.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 71
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 27
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 26
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 28
That would be a nice saw except for those stickers. You might be able to get them off with a windshield scraper and rubbing alcohol.

Every 55 Rancher I have ever worked on had an open port cylinder and no compression release from the factory. They really do run pretty well, and are durable saws. Someone will be happy with it, and good luck on the sale.

Bump. But, I'll say nay to the stickers. Unless they are meant for kids (as in your case) smiley faces are gay. Even ask the lesbian couple in my town whose car is plastered with smiley face stickers. It just makes things weird sometimes.

- take them off -

55 series are great saws, I own 4 of them. One picture usually won't do it for me. Adding some more detailed pics would help with the sale.

:)

I was told that the easiest way to determine if it's a closed port is if it has a compression release.

I have worked on 2 or 3 open port 55's that were equipped with a decomp. The easiest way for me to tell is to pull the spark plug and rotate the saw to bottom dead center. All you need is a scrench and a flashlight.

Latest posts

Back