550XP 1st look!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good point on the rounding, ST, at this point we don't know if the power increase is significant or not. My bet is on it being irrelevant, with the strato and autotune, the 550XP will outcut a broken-in 346XP on it's first tank of fuel.

Could well be, but remains to see. The real question is how it will rev up, with that very long stroke for a 50cc saw. If it is like the 346xp, I will be impressed! :msp_smile:

....but then again, the 560xp obviously does, and also has a longer stroke than any other 60cc saw I have heard of......

Can we get our mitts on the 562 first? Thank you.

1st look where?

Hey, I thought that this thread said 550XP 1st look yet here we are on page 9 already and not one photo? Must be one floating around somewhere to post.

the site with the pic: Agne Johanssons Maskinfirma

just click on senaste nytt............

it that does not work
g030.gif

The pic looks really good, thanks for posting! I have a shop full of Stihl's but I have a suspicion some Husky's are going to start showing up real soon.

got to see the photo of 543xp, and looking good seems a classic Japanese project (Zenoah?) reminds me of the Shindaiwa 446s

Those bumps/indentations on the rear handle for fingers look like they'd be more annoying than comfortable!

What has happened to the new super sleek silver livery with ephemeral sheen?

I also don't understand what the black plug things are both below the oil fil cap and to the right of the starter handle. Is it like some funky new combo rubber spring av mount?

Last edited:
Thanks for posting the pic!

Not bad looking, but I was hoping for a look derived from the 560XP. What's that under the oil cap, a rubber vibe buffer, LOL!

Good job on getting that pic. First I've seen it myself. Looking close, it seems Swedish to me, rather than some kind of Red Max thing. But time will tell. A LOT of time if we get a repeat of the 562 silliness. :smile2:

Back