550xp help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

captainkirk

Reaction score
After reading all the hype about Husqvarna 550xp I saved up some cash and bought one. It starts and runs great but the vibration from the front handle is excessive. It makes my hand numb after cutting cookies for just a few minutes. My dealer couldn't help. Has anyone else noticed this vibration problem? Is there a fix? I have many other saws and have not had this problem with them. Please help!

Check to make sure the front av springs are functioning properly, you should be able to move the motor part of the saw slightly side to side and up and down separate of the fuel tank/frame. Does he saw start run and idle ok?

Saw starts and idles great. All reports I have read on 550xp say how smooth they are. I could tell the first time I ran the saw that the vibration wasn't right. There isn't any noticeable vibration in the rear handle just the front.

Saw starts and idles great. All reports I have read on 550xp say how smooth they are. I could tell the first time I ran the saw that the vibration wasn't right. There isn't any noticeable vibration in the rear handle just the front.
Check all your bolts on the springs, one of mine came loose after 5 hours and I put locktite on it and the rest after that. Husky has a thing about some certain bolts lossening up for some reason. I've owned over 20 and the last 10 newer ones I locktite all the screw/bolts before I even run them when new. No issues after that!

I have one too, I think it's great. I would agree, something doesn't sound right, I have no vibration issues.

After reading all the hype about Husqvarna 550xp I saved up some cash and bought one. It starts and runs great but the vibration from the front handle is excessive. It makes my hand numb after cutting cookies for just a few minutes. My dealer couldn't help. Has anyone else noticed this vibration problem? Is there a fix? I have many other saws and have not had this problem with them. Please help!

Your dealer inspected it, ran it? Let you walk away unsatisfied? Left you to diagnose on internet? Yer dealer is a bigger problem than the saw if thats so.

Now,.. put the chain on the other way, stop cutting steel fence post, and get back to work! :laugh:

I always hate to see a thread with an "issue" just fade away without any resolve....so, OP, if you are still out there,,,,,did you find a solution?

I always hate to see a thread with an "issue" just fade away without any resolve....so, OP, if you are still out there,,,,,did you find a solution?
I always hate to see a thread where over 1/2 the answers to the OP's question / problem is: "Huh, my saw runs fine. Sounds like you have a problem" -Well no sh*t Sherlock!

Back