555, 562xp exhaust port size

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ed Crawford

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Does anyone know what dimensions the exhaust port in the head is? I need to know what size pipe I need to be look for for when I mod the muffler.

Just wondering what size the exhaust port is.

Doesn't really mater and each saw will be a little different. You can open up the muffler as much as you want, as long as the noise doesn't get to you. Most are grinding the area around the stock pipe, this allows pretty good flow, and the exhaust looks stock. You also want to open up the baffle in the muffler. Adding a pipe works good too, especially if you port the saw.

Doesn't really mater and each saw will be a little different. You can open up the muffler as much as you want, as long as the noise doesn't get to you. Most are grinding the area around the stock pipe, this allows pretty good flow, and the exhaust looks stock. You also want to open up the baffle in the muffler. Adding a pipe works good too, especially if you port the saw.

The ports should be pretty close. I'll be taking care of the baffle, but don't care about it looking stock. I want it to look similar to the one that A.E. Metal Werx did. Here's his....

https://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/550xp-muffler-mod-tried-something-different.212324/

Yeah, I didn't necessarily think I needed a pipe that size, but was looking to do mine similar. I think he did an excellent job on it. His looks good with that big ol pipe though.

Not sure if the aftermarket makes a muffler yet for this, but I just bought a dual port for my 365 very inexpensively. Might be a good option.

Latest posts

Back