• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy 555 -> 562xp parts - transfer covers (or used 562xp cylinder ) chain brake bushing?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

meglodon

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I've been lurking for awhile but don't have time to post much if at all. (I'll have to setup an intro thread or something)

short version long:
I used to work in a small engine shop as a kid, and am getting back into chainsaws a hobby many years later. I've recently revived an old homelite ez my dad used to use and was passed along to me in non-running condition. I bought a 562xp new and am interested in testing out my hand at porting things (without voiding my warranty) so I have picked up a 562xp parts saw off ebay as a project saw I got running and my buddy promptly bought off me... so I have acquired a husqvarna 555 off ebay, it was mostly complete with a ‘condition unknown’ from the seller. Oiler was sized up and carb had ‘junk’ written on top with a sharpy, was missing a gas line and the gas tank / rear handle got a hole in it someone jbwelded… and a series of other parts that I have ordered.

I’ve gotten it together enough to fire it up and it seems to run quite well (without a bar/chain.) But once the rest of the parts arrive, I can really test it out.

I’ve watched the afleetcommand youtube videos ( @weimedog and @spike60 ) videos on these saws. I wanted to say thanks for these, it’s been super helpful to show the tear downs, etc that are done. (I’m in the Fingerlakes region about half way between Syracuse and Rochester so I'm not all that far away from where you are both located I think)

Between your videos and what I've been reading a bit about the difference between the 555 and the 562xp and it sounds like it’s crank stuffers, transfer caps, and coil/carb.

Phase one for me would be to get things up and running with a bit of mild cylinder port work to top end, so am interested in a 562 cylinder (or transfer caps) to use on my existing cylinder.
  • Transfer caps (or cylinder w/the caps)
  • Chain brake handle bushings (and washer) while I can source these new, the cost of shipping makes me wonder if someone’s got some that they’d be willing to part with along with a cylinder/transfer caps…
Other parts I’m interested in depending on costs.
  • Good gas tank/rear handle (cost of new is a lot more than I want to spend at the moment and the current handle appears to hold gas ok) but if someone’s got a spare reasonable I would be interested
  • 562xp Carb & Coil, I’ve read that these are different and allow ‘rev boost’ but unsure if that’s still the case?
  • Crank with Crank stuffers: From my current understanding Jonsered 2260 / Husqvarna 560 crank would have the stuffers.
Thanks in advance!
-Todd

Back