555 muffler mod

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deranged

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Just curious if anybody else out there has done a muffler mod on a 555? I've reviewed the previous threads here, but there hasn't been much talk lately of the 555 at all.

Initially I planned on leaving it alone, then I went and snagged a 372XP (or 371K :laugh:) from Mr. Snelling, and, well, my 555 just feels and sounds kind of anemic now. :bang:

You can open up the existing hole with a carbide bit in a dremel or air pencil grinder. It will be aggravating but can be done if you take uour time and go through the inlet and outlet. It will make a little more power and will be a lot louder.

Just curious if anybody else out there has done a muffler mod on a 555? I've reviewed the previous threads here, but there hasn't been much talk lately of the 555 at all.

Initially I planned on leaving it alone, then I went and snagged a 372XP (or 371K :laugh:) from Mr. Snelling, and, well, my 555 just feels and sounds kind of anemic now. :bang:

It should, its roughly 1/3 smaller...

You can open up the existing hole with a carbide bit in a dremel or air pencil grinder. It will be aggravating but can be done if you take uour time and go through the inlet and outlet. It will make a little more power and will be a lot louder.

I may tackle that sometime then, I've read your previous posts on it and watched your vids. Thanks.

I am modifying the Husqvarna mufflers by cutting back the deflector, opening up the outlet, and the TIG welding the deflector back in place. $30 plus return shipping.

search for mweba, and his 555 thread(s) he was the first to mess with them

i have that 555 that mweba modded ,it now has a nice bark to it ,love that saw! i think he has vids on utube.

Back