562XP Pros/Cons Opinions?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toolfreak

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
A friend of mine recently came to me and inquired about the 562xp. He wants a bigger firewood saw and thought that this would be a good fit for him. I told him I would have to come here to see what the pros have to say as I have no experience with this saw. Most of the guys out here in Wyoming as well as myself are still running alot of the old muscle up on the mountain. I have read the specs and it seems like an impressive saw, could you guys maybe give your opinion on this unit so I can relay what I learn.:cool2:

Thanks

Plenty of good to read here about the 562XP, as well as its competition, the Stihl MS362.

Awesome power for its weight and size. They will run a 24" bar pretty good. Not quite a 372 power but it's plenty good for firewood duty with a 20" or 24". The 555 is another option that's a little cheaper and the non xp brother to the 562 with the small bar mount.

I've always been a Stihl guy but try to keep an open mind. A couple of months ago, based on what I read here, I bought a 562xp.
I am very impressed so far. The saw has plenty of power and is light and nimble. The auto tune feature works as advertised and I've not had any issues at all. I've only put around 10 gallons of gas through the saw but so far can find nothing not to like.
There are some here who have experienced some starting issues but they seem to be limited in number.
Overall, I am very satisfied with mine and would not hesitate to recommend it.
I put the 20" techlite bar on mine, it balances the saw better than the standard bar.

It's a great saw if a 60cc fills his needs. What size wood is he going to be cutting? How much? How often?

Generally we get into pine ranging from 14-18 dia. But 24 in not uncommon. He goes up every week to do something and generally brings wood down (he heats mostly with wood). He will be doing alot more in the near future as I am buying a logosol after the first of the year, in addition, a 390xp. I want to bring out the bigger wood for milling.

Latest posts

Back