Porting Supplies

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

samtheguy

Reaction score
Hello everyone! Not new to the forum, but recently made an account. So much useful stuff on here. I had a question for you guys that port saws. I've been porting for a while, and am thinking about trying to start a little side hustle doing so. I've been using a Dremel tool with a flex shaft, with a variety of bits. Looking to upgrade to something a little more build for the task/reliable. I know foredom is a good brand but what are some models you guys are using? Looking for some descriptions of all the stuff a guy would have to buy along with a foredom tool. Thanks!

Vevor version of the foredom. SR model. 1/8 inch shaft bits, Double cut carbides(short and long ones cut down to be longer then the short ones). Tried a Chinese hand piece to take 1/4 inch that lasted a few minutes before the handle snapped at the chuck. Sandpaper drums in 1/8th Inch shaft, diamond burrs, rubber polishing bits which some people don't like them but I use them as the final step in the exhaust port(not everyone's popular belief)
Also a right angle hand piece.

It has been good to me so far 2 or 3 years with it. Doesn't get heavy use but when it gets used it'll be for a few hours at a time

Latest posts

Back