562xp questions

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

isaacvent

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I'm considering a 562xp to use when climbing and blocking down big wood. I have been using my 576xp recently, and my 570 before that and it cuts great but gets heavy. Will the 562xp run a 24 inch bar? The guys at the husqvarna booth at TCI EXPO said it would. They're salesman tho. Maybe a 372xp?

I'm sure it isn't ideal, but the recommended max is 28", and some people actually use it without complaining. I never would though, as if nothing else, the balance of the saw would be wrong.

There is a considerable weight differense between the 562 and the current XT version of the 372, that also is a factor in your choise - but at least they are a bit lighter and neater than the 576....

I'm sure it isn't ideal, but the recommended max is 28", and some people actually use it without complaining. I never would though, as if nothing else, the balance of the saw would be wrong.
I have a 562XPW running a 28 TechLite with full skip chain and it cuts well. The TechLite doesn't cause any problems with balance IMHO. Of course, I don't know if the TechLites are available again after the problems they were having.

So what would you recommend to run a 24 inch bar for that duty? I want a pro saw, stihl or husky. I'm not too picky

562xp i use one of mine with a 24" for blocking down if i need the longer bar, obviously it won't pull like a 372 but it will pull it all day without the weight of a 372.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I run a 562 with a 24 inch skip chain and big dual Dawgs for exactly what your describing. .. it's great with a 24 for climbing and out of a bucket.... if I'm on the ground I'll grab a 372 in a tree give me a 562

A 16" bar on a 562 is wasting it potential...kinda like putting snow tires on a Ferrari

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back