Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
15 years that's crazy. I've seen 390 not last 6 months, but some just won't die, lots of things factor into that though.

That's one monster of a machine, looks like fun.

If you think that's a monster of a logging machine you aint seen much. That looks like a very handy,pretty maneuverable medium duty lightweight little machine for soft-ish conditions to me.

how are you liking that saw? As I think you know, I have one too, same configuration as yours. I have barely run mine. It runs well though, I know at least that.

I got it a few months ago, and really only have one good day on it. I really like the power and the acceleration of it! It's lots of fun to use.

If you think that's a monster of a logging machine you aint seen much. That looks like a very handy,pretty maneuverable medium duty lightweight little machine for soft-ish conditions to me.
Yes but does it have SNAP, is it LIGHTNING? Every logger knows without SNAP and LIGHTNING it's worthless.[emoji23][emoji23]

[emoji6][emoji111]

Buy what you like and have support for, if you like a project saw and have knowledge go that route and save the money, best out of the box 60cc saw isn't even close, it's a 562xp when they are mentioned as replacing the 372 with many people, you know they are strong, what other 60cc saw gets compared to a 70cc saw frequently?

Buy what you like and have support for, if you like a project saw and have knowledge go that route and save the money, best out of the box 60cc saw isn't even close, it's a 562xp when they are mentioned as replacing the 372 with many people, you know they are strong, want other 60cc saw gets compared to a 70cc saw frequently?
STIHL 261cm oh wait it’s only 50cc

Buy what you like and have support for, if you like a project saw and have knowledge go that route and save the money, best out of the box 60cc saw isn't even close, it's a 562xp when they are mentioned as replacing the 372 with many people, you know they are strong, want other 60cc saw gets compared to a 70cc saw frequently?

All the 60cc class saws mentioned in this threadz.

I have never heard of any of the others referenced as the power of a.70cc saw

“Want,( I assume you mean what), other 60cc saw gets compared to a 70cc saw frequently?”

A ported CS-620p will smoke a stock 372xp, but because you haven’t heard of it, I guess it isn’t real?

No Knucklehead: there are more saws out there than your beloved 562, & not everyone has good experiences with said 5 series Husqvarna.

Let’s just say there are good saws from multiple manufacturers in the 60cc class & call it a day.

First off, I was comparing a STOCK 562 to a stock 372, I said earlier the echo is a great quality saw, little heavy compared to others in the class, I do agree the 562 had issues on the early models, that why I waited to buy one, I was one of the last people who actually gave them a try on the sites, I didn't trust the autotune or mtronic systems, so far I have been very impressed. Would I buy a 620, sure if the price was right, I have ran a ported 620, feels like a ported 262 to me just heavier.

No 60cc saw I have ever ran will compare to a 70cc saw, including my 562. Ported they get close, but still lack the torque, so your chain can't be aggressive with the chain and you have to feather the saw through the cut to get them near a good 70cc saw. If you cut softwood you may not notice as big of a difference in torque. Now saws like the 365 and 6400 have the torque as they have the same bottom end as their big bore brothers, so they really don't count IMHO, as they aren't stand alone platforms.

Now if you're familiar with Ed heard aka EHP he was throwing out some wild videos of his ported 562 cutting only a tick or two behind a stock 395 in 30" Maple. What people don't know is just how good Ed's chains are and how well he can operate a saw and make it look. There is more to it than power alone, especially if you're good.

What finally convinced me to try a 562 was watching a stock one out cut a ported 034 super and ported 036 booth done by a more then reputable guy, I can provide you with names of the other guys at the same gtg who all agreed, all running round chains, just send me a PM

Just like I promised, I cut timber today with my new to me 562. I wish I could just send a pic here and post it via my phone, but I don't see that as an option. Anyway, I was thoroughly impressed with the little feller! You cant crowd it like a 390xp but if you let it set the pace it will get the job done and do it very nicely at that. My topper used it all day too and the more he ran it the better he liked it. SO much so that I think hes going to want to top with it all the time instead of the ms460 he normally uses.

No 60cc saw I have ever ran will compare to a 70cc saw, including my 562. Ported they get close, but still lack the torque, so your chain can't be aggressive and you have to feather the saw through the cut to get them near a good 70cc saw. If you cut softwood you may not notice as big of a difference in torque. Now saws like the 365 and 6400 have the torque as they have the same bottom end as their big bore brothers, so they really don't count IMHO, as they aren't stand alone platforms.

Now if you're familiar with Ed heard aka EHP he was throwing out some wild videos of his ported 562 cutting only a tick or two behind a stock 395 in 30" Maple. What people don't know is just how good Ed's chains are and how well he can operate a saw and make it look. There is more to it than power alone, especially if you're good.
If running the same bar and chain on each saw the hp generated “wood” have to similar for the 562xp to be “a tick or two behind” a stock 395 in 30” maple ... as long as the operator is unbiased and applying a similar load on each saw it’s simply physics being demonstrated in the real world

Try running a 50cc Saw (of your favorite manufacturer) that’s been insane-0 or psy-ko’d by Hotsaws101 and then get back to us with your findings !

Back