7yr old Speeco receiving pump transplant, upgrade

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I/c

1/2hp for each gpm............9.0hp engine = 18gpm max......according to the rules.

The engine is hardly working as it is.

Based on my experience with the current setup, I wouldn't hesitate to put a 22gpm pump on it.

By the way, does anyone know what is special about an I/C engine by B/S?

The receipt is handy so the new pump is going back tomorrow depending on return policy regarding a check.

I have no idea on the engineering differences, but I have a old now 12.5 briggs i/c and it runs and runs and runs and runs and runs. I had to change out the little plastic electric starter gear thingee once..that's it. Change the oil once in awhile. It just cranks and starts every time, that's it. You'd think Toyota made it or sumthin'. Currently it is installed on a frankenmower I assembled from some junk parts (well, took the mower part off) and pulls a wagon. I use it to tote tools sometimes and a small electric sprayer, just great for snaking through the woods and oddball places spot spraying, places where I don't want to or can't take the tractor with the 3pth sprayer. Now I haven't, but if I *had* to I would haul my firewood with it.

Latest posts

Back