95vp chain question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

superpelly

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have a husky rancher 55 , I bought 5 95vp 18 inch oregon chains for $9.00 (clearance) The package says for husqvarna , but on the bottom of the package its says --micro-lite --narrow kerf chain-- Use only with narrow-kerf bar. Will my bar work with these chains ? The bar is a husky farm tough. thanks

Superpelly,
What is the guage of your bar? It will work with any .050 gauge .325" pitch bar. I have some 95R which is the same chain basically except ripping chain on my 025 with a standard 18" oregon .050" gauge bar. Think it is micro chisel cutters, not quite chipper, not quite full chisel.. should work good,
J.D.

I have 95vp for my 028. I think it's 0.043" gauge, but I'm not 100% sure. I guess you can run the chain on an 0.050" bar, but it may be a bit wobbly; maybe giving you banana cuts.

I don't think it's .043" gauge.... the Oregon book says it's a .050" Micro Chisel...pro saw chain...not low kickback, but does have a bumper tie strap and drive link.

I don't think it comes in .043.

Mine has always been .050.

If you use the 95vp you will be cutting a more narrow kurf.
The bar may tend to catch or bind a bit more due to the narrow cut/kerf.
Narrow kurf bars are recommended to ride/pass through the narrower kerf
with greater ease.

You can run 95vp on your bar but a narrow kerf bar is a better more complete system.

Yes 95vp is .050" BUT it has narrower tooth & thinner tie straps so it will bind in a large cut on a standard bar.

scott

Your 55 more than likely has a 3/8 set up as most all of them (at least to my knowledge) did new. I know that is the way mine came when new.

In other words, no, the 95vp will not work on your 55 unless you get a 325 sprocket & the correct bar.

the 95vp comes on the 350/345/353 saws stock

will the arbor pro narrow kerf bar fit on a 025? It doesn't list it but it does list the 024 & 026. Do they use the same mount? If not what bar does fit and where can I get it?

Lucky

The bars that Baileys is selling fit the standard mount 024-066M, comparable MS series...025 uses the MS mount similar to the Stihl climbing and homeowner saws. That said, call them, there is a good chanc ethey will have an arbor pro or micro lite to fit it. What I can't see it how the narrow kerf micro lite will have any effect on the cut if the chain is the right pitch and gauge for it.
J.D.

Latest posts

Back