A couple saw resale price questions.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wildo

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
What are the resale values of these saws in decent condition? Some are a couple years old some are a couple decades old.

1) Echo 452vl w/ complete parts saw(no spark)
2) Jonsered 2152 w/ new piston
3) Husky 268xp
4) Stihl 460 w/ newer powerhead for parts that has a cracked case that runs
5) Husky 562xp
6) Homelite 7-19 (don't know what it needs)
7) Mac Super33 apart all the pieces but haven't had time to put back together
8) David Bradley 582 (needs an air filter)
9) Jonsered 2045 (bad crankseal?)
10) Stihl 195T
11) Jonsered 90 with a parts saw

I know its quite the list but I'm wondering which to sell to streamline the collection and improve the rest. If the front bar has a bend its probably gonna go.

Never heard of #10. Dont have an answer on the rest. It's kind of a "blind" question.... with a lot of missing details. Vague questions get vague answers. For anyone to help, you will have to take detailed pics of the saws and post them up. In the end.... condition and finding a buyer interested in "said" saw determines the value. What it is worth to you... and what someone is willing to pay for it may be very different. In my mind, Value is a word used to describe a "Seller's Perspective", Worth is a word used to describe a "Buyer's Perspective".

# 10 is a 195T top handle Stihl don't know what else to say, I'll see if the FIL will send me pics of it. I understand that there are a lot of factors to a price hence the decent condition in my original post. If the saw has a problem i know about or suspect I listed it, other than that I am only looking for general pricing in decent/fair condition. I don't feel like taking that many pictures right now if/what I sell/trade I would take the time to do so. Basically what you would pay/sell it for to someone that doesn't suck.

could be I haven't seen it yet. It will be here this weekend. I'm not that familiar with the shorty Stihl saws. He said it wants to jump out of your hand and cut wood even when shut off.

Ha! You already have an idea of what you think they're worth. Why not just sell them for what you want?

Number 10 could be the super rare, and highly valuable, 019 Super Top handle.

If it shows up in the TP and you add $200 I will.
I'll come to your house, wrap it in toilet paper and give you $200??:eek: Deal.

Seriously, if those were my saws, I'd keep the 562xp above all the others. Then probably the 268xp and the 2152. The 460 probably won't bring much with a cracked case, so you might as well keep it. Then I'd put your top dollar prices on the rest of them and see what happens.

The 460 doesn't have the crack the parts powerhead to go with it does and is a little newer

1 $50
2 $150
3 $250-350 depending on condition
4 $350-550 condition I everything
5 $300-500
6 $50-100
7 no clue
8 $shipping cost to maybe $50
9 $50
10 $160-250
11 condition will be big for t being so old $100-400

1 $50
2 $150
3 $250-350 depending on condition
4 $350-550 condition I everything
5 $300-500
6 $50-100
7 no clue
8 $shipping cost to maybe $50
9 $50
10 $160-250
11 condition will be big for t being so old $100-400

Thanks for the answer. I appreciate it as it gives me an idea on where to start thinning out the pack and what to hang onto.

Latest posts

Back