a day of milling and bbq

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mwrunt

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I am interested in learning new technecs and just seeing other guys milling styles so i am inviting anyone who is interested to come for a day of milling and bbq. so here is my proposal
we have 69 acres of pine balsum alder poplar maple birch and ceder. so if you are interested we will have to pick a date that works for everyone.
so here is how it will work u come with, mill, truck and food we will provide the trees and bbq. u can fall the tree of your choice and we will set it up on logs or whatever u would like for it to be milled u mill it we shoot the #### have some food and load the milled wood in your truck and every one goes home happy lol
we have a small kubota 8 wheel drive dumper to skid with and a bobcat with a grapple to set up the logs
I am just hopping to pick up some knowladge from the old timers as i am pretty new to this and theres alot of ways i could speed things up and maybe get better ideas for setup.
if there is a interest in this feel free to contact me here or on my cell 604 712 9556 i am not able to answer after 2:30pm as i work nites
we are located just west of hope bc about a hour from vancouver

Good idea to get some trees down and milled up for a few burgers!

To even consideran adventure such as this (and in BC) there would need to be copious amounts of beverages, strippers at every tree, and Canadian Tire gift cards hidden under every stump.

Whoa slow down........your not even providing the food?

My intent is not to sound rude, but you may consider finding sawyers you can go visit for your purposes.

Good idea to get some trees down and milled up for a few burgers!

To even consideran adventure such as this (and in BC) there would need to be copious amounts of beverages, strippers at every tree, and Canadian Tire gift cards hidden under every stump.

Whoa slow down........your not even providing the food?

My intent is not to sound rude, but you may consider finding sawyers you can go visit for your purposes.

i figured getting free wood and having equipment to move logs and setup would be enough. i have no interest in keeping the wood u mill. Its a social and knowladge thing. i could care less what species u mill or what size as i have no interest in keeping the lumber. if you read my first post it says load lumber in your truck not mine .

i figured getting free wood and having equipment to move logs and setup would be enough. i have no interest in keeping the wood u mill. Its a social and knowladge thing. i could care less what species u mill or what size as i have no interest in keeping the lumber. if you read my first post it says load lumber in your truck not mine .

Sounds like a sweet deal.....too bad Im not closer

Latest posts

Back