a new problem with my 3314wsa i got 2 more poulans this weekend

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kernal_panic

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Ok 1st off I'm experiancing this issue with both my 3314wsa and my girlfreinds 2055 (yes my woman has her own chainsaw and no I will not post pics YET)

this weekend I was trying to cut some smallist 3-8 inch trees and the saws repeatadly bogged down. it was like as soon as the chain really got to biting in brrrrrrr the chain would stop but the motor wouldn't conk out but it would slow down.

now I'm thinking the clutchs are burned up. these things are OCCASIONAL USE ONLY saws that we have run hard this year. a month ago when she last used hers I think she burned up her clutch when she was trying to figure out why her chain wasn't moving because she had the brake on. as a matter of fact she heated up the plastic casiing so much it melted and I need to get a new one for the 2055.

Mine I cut down a 24 inch maple tree and cut up a bunch of 24-36 inch pieces of oak. I ran mine hard and long for about 2 days. I had no problem cutting down the maple. the 3314wsa attacked it pretty good. Now I can barely get it to do crap.

clutches??? bars?

I also took possesion of 2 broken poulans. the owner now uses a husky 55 and 2 stihl 290s.

one is 2175 wild thing. It needs all new fuel lines a new filter and new primer bulb.

the other is 2450. one of the suspension? springs is broken off it needs the same stuff as the 2175 but the compression seems lower.

on the 2450 considering I have NOTHING in it right now, would it be worth putting a new top end on it?

I got alot of useful replies from my last thread thanks.

I got to use the husky 55. what a BEAST compared to my little 33 cc POS woodshark!

Back