A point to ponder

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Al, You are right-Saw performance hasn't advanced much since 1979-when the finest saws in the world were red and black and were labeled JONSEREDS. :p

Hey Chris have you ran it against the 084 yet I want to know your thoughts of the big Mac

Stumper said:
Al, You are right-Saw performance hasn't advanced much since 1979-when the finest saws in the world were red and black and were labeled JONSEREDS. :p
Now that's another point to ponder.As I said on another thread,I've never been around J-reds before.I thought they were an off shoot of Huskey.I then find out that one of the saws I wrenched on was really a Partner ,masquerading in J-red clothing,so to speak.It's hard to tell the players without a score card,hmm. :dizzy:

Jonsereds were independent, then got bought by E-lux which made the Parteer/Husqvarna connection sinc ethey were all E-lux purchases. During the first decade or so. Jonsereds were the pro's pro saw-every new inovation was introduced on Jonseys and after it was field proven for a few years it was incorporated on Huskies. nowadays they are just prettier color schemed Huskies.

I still cant complain about my 670, its a top notch machine, as is my older standard 70E, which is something else in itself, a beast. maybe a double ender bar between the two would be a cool idea, give more hp than I need, but I'd have power to spare.

maybe you guys can give me more history on the partners

I remember growing up around the partner 500 and 5000 plus and I thought they were pretty neat they were lighter but the also were what dad brought to the woods day in and day out, they were very dependable, the only flaw I remember is the choke arrangement would wear out. I don't know how much power they had or how much they weighed but when dad brought home the husky 254 after he couldn't maintain the partners any more it almost seems as he down graded it had more power but it seemed to weigh a whole lot more I think the key is the ergonomics, where the weight sets in your hands. It never seemed to be as dependable or easy starting as the partners were. It was plaqued with repeated ignition problems. Dad condemned it as a lemon and traded it in on a new 254 same problems, he switched to jonsered and has been :) ever since. one other virtue that made those saws such a sucess was the smoothness while they cut. The small partner and jonsered saws are the model for all modern professional saws.
This is what is so if they made the exact same saw today I would buy it and be pleased, what progress has been made in twenty years.

lucky

Latest posts

Back