A question for Stihl guys and also anti-Asian folk

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PES+

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Can you explain this?

"The production at STIHL Qingdao started in September 2006 with brush cutters. Hedge trimmers and chain saws will join the product family in the coming years, with output projected to reach one million engines by 2011. Products from STIHL Qingdao are backed by the same uncompromising quality guarantee which STIHL is famous for around the world, and every unit is manufactured for export to overseas markets including Europe and North America."

http://www.stihl-qd.cn/isapi/englisch/default.asp

And lest anyone accuse me of trying to hurt Stihl's sales I actually want to help them increase sales.......no harm intended

Can you explain this?

"The production at STIHL Qingdao started in September 2006 with brush cutters. Hedge trimmers and chain saws will join the product family in the coming years, with output projected to reach one million engines by 2011. Products from STIHL Qingdao are backed by the same uncompromising quality guarantee which STIHL is famous for around the world, and every unit is manufactured for export to overseas markets including Europe and North America."

http://www.stihl-qd.cn/isapi/englisch/default.asp

And lest anyone accuse me of trying to hurt Stihl's sales I actually want to help them increase sales.......no harm intended

You ask a question, but whats the question?

What is there to explain?

"Products from STIHL Qingdao are backed by the same uncompromising quality guarantee which STIHL is famous for around the world, and every unit is manufactured for export to overseas markets including Europe and North America"

"every unit"

I think what he's getting at is will you still like Stihl if it's made in China?

Ummmmmmm

There are already Stihls here from China it would appearfrom the wording and time frame of the site......but which ones?

As long as they don't make 'em in a communist country like Cuba.

Y'all better be nice to the Chinese, they own most of this country's debt. How long have they had "most favored nation" trading status?

Ya see what happens when you start sending orchestras and ping-pong teams to a country. Opens up a whole can of worms.

Last edited:
Just another company reaping the benefits of dollar-a-day labor. If you look at the labor costs on the Continent and compare them to China, Mexico, ect, it is stupid from a business aspect not to be there.

If the Stihl factory is using quality machinery and German senior staff to oversee operations, then there shouldn't be any quality issues.

Something else that has come up about having a presence in China is that the Chinese govt. is not very interested in doing anything about fakes and copies of your product unless you are there spending money and employing their citizens.

I stand corrected PES+. From what I've read nobody gets MFN status anymore 'cause the World Trade Org. says it's a bad thing.

My point is that we (as nation) have been giving tons of business to the Chinese for a long, long time. We've been buying their stuff for years knowing full well that some of it comes from child and slave labor. We've already sold out to them. So why would any care if they now make Stihl chainsaws? I expect that the Chinese will make saws just as well Stihl wants them to. The Chinese can make cheap knock-offs or they can make quality just like the Germans, American, Japanese or Swedes.

'Course since Stihl will doubtlessly be able to bring down their labor costs, they're likely to pass that saving on to the consumers, right? And isn't that what's important, cheap goods? (sorry ShoerFast there's just no good emoticon to show sarcasm)

this is one of the reasons we are paying higher fuel prices. sending jobs overseas. the employ more people, they in turn make a better living, can aford finer things-such as cars, which in turn they consume more fuel, supply and demand takes more effect and the chinese and saudi's are getting rich from this as we get deeper in debt.

just my opinion!

guess we will be using solar powered chain saws in the future as we wont afford gas for them.

No drugs, but I sometimes wonder if I'm for real or not.:jester:

OK, maybe my sense of humor is not coming across. Obviously I know that both China and Cuba are communist countries. I just think it's ironic that we have this big old trade embargo against Cuba, a country that couldn't possibly hurt us, while we give free reign to China.

I can't remember which Soviet leader said that the capitalists would sell them (the U.S.S.R.) the rope that they would hang us with. Well with China, we're giving them the rope making technology, borrowing the money for buying the rope that we're hanging ourselves with.

Ya can't buy much that's not made in China. Some of the stuff they make is really quite good.

Latest posts

Back