A Shoutout to SawTroll.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rwoods

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
ST, when it comes to the MS361 you have been one tenacious supporter, so this 036Pro fan gave in a few weeks back and brought a cherry MS361.

IMG_3754.JPG

Before I put it to use, I read a post or two from Reindeer ... so I went out and brought one of these little decals.

IMG_3755.JPG

After 2 and 1/2 tanks this morning cuttting firewood from 6" to 36"+ diameter hardwood of just about every species in East Tennessee both green and bone dry, all I can say is, "WOW!" So keep on with your praise of the MS361. My 036Pro can retire in peace as my go-to firewood saw.

A sincere thanks to you, Reindeer and of course, Terry Landrum.

Ron

Reindeer's saw came from me, so I know what I'm about to say is true. I replaced that MS361 with an 036 non-pro, squish band cut by Randy MM and porting work by me.
I would NEVER go back to an MS361!

So OldCat, are you saying I should take my tired 036Pro send it to MM then send it to you for the final magic?

My biggest reluctance in both getting the 361 and having it ported was a fear that I would have a high speed screamer with little torque as I am a pretty heavy handed cutter. Boy was I surprised with the grunt this little saw has. I don't intend to use it much for over 18" wood as I have larger saws but today I threw everything at it and I kept smiling.

Other than the decomp, I don't know the difference between an 036 and an 036Pro. I know where a nice 036Pro is and have spent the day trying to resist the urge to buy it - you sure ain't helping me with that.

Ron

Latest posts

Back