A Simple Question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jack Russell

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I can get a New piston Kit for a Stihl 026 from Germany for $19.00 plus $9.00 shipping. Is this a good price or should I stay away from it
:confused:

Jack Russell said:
I can get a New piston Kit for a Stihl 026 from Germany for $19.00 plus $9.00 shipping. Is this a good price or should I stay away from it
:confused:
That is allmost like free - how could it be a bad deal?????;)

All most like Free

Troll are you jokeing or is this a real savings. The price was US dollars. Is the piston a 44MM or 42 MM or all the 026 parts the same.

:jester:

The prices here aren't much different for the AIP or Golf pistons.

Get a Tecomec - might cost $30, but it's really good quality.
44mm is 026; 42mm is 024.

Good Advice

Thank's L--53 I do not know when a price for a part is to much or that the seller is fair with the buyer

Here Too You

:cheers:

Jack Russell said:
Troll are you jokeing or is this a real savings. The price was US dollars. Is the piston a 44MM or 42 MM or all the 026 parts the same.

Sorry, but USD 28 seemed really cheap to me........:confused:

Reply To A Simple Question

SawTroll --You gave your opinion and advice. I thank you for it. There is not any reason for the word (sorry) Now I feel guilty that I may have Offended You. Now it my turn to say I am sorry. I have read both reply to your's and L--53 post.

AS the old saying goes Two Heads or better than one and I got good advice from each one.

Hear's Too You

:cheers:

Just search for "Stihl pistons" on ebay and it will take you to a store. The
German seller is just reselling the same chinese pisions that Golf sells here. He's just hoping buyers will think they are German quality!

No reason to feel guilty, Jack!

I was a bit fast, based on "gut feeling", and assumed that someone would correct me if I was wrong.....

Everything is fine with me. :cheers:

026 Piston Kit

Troll may have the best advice on quality of piston kit. Here is the email that I have. [email protected] There four different people in the company. The company is in Germany is the understanding I have and they are on eBay

Jack

Doug,

I know of two different guys based in Germany that sell these cheap pistons, and piston/cylinder sets.

Flexparts (flexpit68) is one and there is one called eins-e-teile. The latter seems to have gone off selling the parts, but I'm pretty sure that flex sells the AIP pistons (made in India) Klickitatsacket was briefly a US distrubutor for them and swore they were good quality.

Personally I've never had the opportunity to try him (flexparts) out yet, but will just as soon as I have a saw needing a piston he sells.

Dan

Last edited:
AIP Piston Kit

:confused: :confused: :confused: Dan in his post referred to a AIP piston from Flexparts ($19.00). ShoerFast has posted a positive feedback on how good a AIP piston was for his 660 saw that he got from a member of ArboristSite.com Can any member explain the differents with the piston kit from Flexparts and the one that ShoerFast used in his saw. I need a piston kit for a 026 that had been runed with out oil in gas.

I also understand that the piston kit is not made in Germany from Dan. I Welcome every opinion I can get or advice

:bowdown: :bowdown:

The only aftermarket I have experience of it Tecomec. No bad experiences up to now.

Dan

Back