a wee roar from the depths......

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SRT-Tech

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
MUHAHAHAHA! nothing like that sweet starting sound of a chainsaw....chug chug ROOOOOAARRRR!!!!!!!

Picked up my new (well, used actually) Husky 61 today. The old owner tuned er up, filled the up chain oil and the gas, sharpened the chain up and boxed up a few goodies for me, files, grease gun, clamp on sharpening guide.

got er home, fired her up in the underground parking lot (yea, i live in an apartment building), and drank in that sweet sweet odor of chain oil, mixed gas, and exhaust, ROAAAR ROAAAR echoing off the cement walls, everything amplified triple, my neighbours scared ****less....

AHAHAHA!!!

vroom

here is my new toy, both for work, firewood and clearing fallen trees from roads in the backcountry:

husky61.jpg

needs a few minor things, i'll be hunting them down here soon!

I like those steel brakes, better than the plastic that replaced them, and adjustable too. Cool saw, tougher than the new ones of similar size, I ran 266XPs for a few years, almost the same thing.

cool!, then maybe you can help me find some parts for it.

On the right lower side of the case, part of the outer cover housing (aluminum) is cracked, near the back, just before the trigger. (i'll try to get a pic when the GF lets me use her camera.....). It looks like it is replaceable, but i'm having a wee hard time finding the part.... does'nt affect the operation of the saw in any way, but i'd like to replace it anyways. Got a new muffler en route, probably going to tear down the entire saw this winter and do a full cleanup, rebuild.

The chain brake is a thing of beauty, a very positive click as it engages. Its solid too, no loose or worn out parts.

Last edited:
oops :greenchainsaw: the neighbour just knocked on the door, wondering what the noise was a few moment ago....she looked really scared.....

:chainsaw:

Back