Add on Furnace US Stove ? Hot Blast

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Racerboy832

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I bought a US Stove 1737G Add on indoor wood furnace. I have read many of you guys have similar models. There is only fire brick on the Bottom. Since it is new in the Box and I have full access to a welding shop downstairs. Would any of you guys with this model reccommend any upgrades. Lining the sides with more fire brick or ETC... I want to install this next week in my house but it is at my shop now. I can weld brackets to hold the firebrick to the side walls. Thank you.

I have that same stove installed works great for what I paid for it. Word to the wise be sure to kep an eye on that ash pan, it rather shallow so it fills up fast. Also do a search here and pick up what you can thats been posted aleady, you can pick up some great info here.
As far as the fire brick upgrade I was thinking the same thing this summer but never got around to it. I would think that a layer up the side would help with keeping the temp up in the burn box. If you get it done let us now how it turns out please.

Oh almost forgot on the US stoves replace the fire door latch nuts and bolts with something other then what they give you :p I went with SS bolts and all metal lock nuts.

Latest posts

Back