Advice on selling trees

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

otillard

Reaction score
I set up an estate tree nursery a couple of years ago and now have around 550 trees, 18 species, ranging from 2m London Plane trees, Wild/ Bird Cherry, Wild Pear, Sweet/ Horse Chestnut, to smaller Silver Birch, English/Pin/Holm Oak, Walnut and Copper Beech. These are all pot grown and easy to transport.

My goal was to sell these to local garden centres and nurseries but there doesn't seem to be much interest. Any advice on where I could sell these, ideally in bulk at wholesale prices, would be really appreciated. Based in Sussex and wondering if I should be considering landscape gardening firms or housing developers?

Around here municipalities that are "tree city usa" will have shade tree commissions that manage the planting and maintenance of street trees. They will usually do a planting once or twice a year. My local municipality will plant 20 to 30 trees each year. One might send a price sheet out to all the municipalities in the region.

Maybe you have something similar where you live? Is that Sussex England?

Back