After reading the newest siezed saw thread...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimdad07

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I decided to put the 045 on the mill instead of the 6400. I have $40.00 into that 045 and close to $600.00 into that 6400, after reading the Jonsered thread posted the other day. Ordered a 30" Carlton bar from Baileys today and I am going to pony up and switch to Woodland Pro 30rp. I guess if I am getting serious about milling, I might better start getting the right equipment. I was looking at a 660 today at the dealer, brand new, I offered him the $200.00 I had on me for it, he laughed until he cried, I don't know why.

Get yourself an 045 Super p/c, do a little porting work, add the dual port muffler and that thing will scream. As for milling with it though I have no experience, lol.

Got a good deal on Baileys. There is a 30" Carlton bar with replaceable roller nose for $46.00, they are trying to sell out on them, so if anyone is interested you might want to move on it. Also got two loops of milling chain, one for the 30" bar and one for the 20" bar for the Dolmar and the mini-mill. Also got a dozen Oregon 7/32" double cut round files. Grand total of $102.00 after shipping. Not a bad deal at all.

i paid $1100 or so for my MS660, once i get a mill again and a spool of chain i have the trees waiting on me to mill. my last mill i tried a fresh 046 Mag and got that poor thing so darn hot she wanted to cry (28" cut) that was before my saw modding days tho.. :)

i paid $1100 or so for my MS660, once i get a mill again and a spool of chain i have the trees waiting on me to mill. my last mill i tried a fresh 046 Mag and got that poor thing so darn hot she wanted to cry (28" cut) that was before my saw modding days tho.. :)

Yeah, I saw the price tag on the 660, it was $1109.00 with a 24" bar and chain. I was being smart, they know me pretty well at this dealership. They have been great about finding me parts for that old Stihl.

Latest posts

Back