ahhh the sweet sizzle

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vwboomer

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
of freshly delivered wood :(

Guy at work delivers a cord of ash/elm/little bit of oak for 125. Cut, split, seasoned at least a year.
First load he brought was great. nice sized chunks and burnable. That was Nov 20. Finally brought my 2nd truck load (out of 3) tonight. Said he couldn't get at his wood stash cuz of the snow so he brought a load from up north. All oak.

Except it's mostly rounds between 3-6" and they are all freshly cut. Perhaps not freshly dropped though. There's some slabs which are dry enough but sheesh. I get it for a great price and the first load was primo so I don't want to #####. In this area $125/cord is pretty unheard of. Normally upwards of 200-300.

Told him I'd take my trailer down to his place for the last load, and buy another cord. now this stupid snow needs to sod off for awhile so i can get back in there.

Got my first bills in this house. $16 for gas (of which 11 was meter fee) and $65 for elec. mmmmmm wooooooooood! :biggrinbounce2:

Latest posts

Back