Air Filter For Craftsman 3.1 ci Version of Poulan 2800

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jake101

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
SORRY! I typoed the topic! It is a 3.3 ci Craftsman, NOT 3.1
If it helps, the Craftsman ID for the saw is 358.356331

Awhile back, several members here helped me to get this Craftsman saw running by replacing the "missing" fuel and impulse lines, and I have been using it quite a bit for clearing dead and storm falled trees.

It needs to have the air filter replaced and it is my understanding that it *may* use a "flocked" air filter. I really have no idea what that is or if it matters. Can someone explain to me just what a "flocked" air filter is?

The P/N called out for the saw is 530010892.

Unfortunately, even though a "where used" shows that this part is used on a LOT of various equipment, it appears that NONE of them exist anywhere on the planet. Maybe I just don't know where to look?

Thanks!

Jake

Actually, I wanted a NOS part. If the "flocking", whatever that is, is on the exterior of the filter, I don't see any of it on the used filter being sold on FleaBay. Is a "flocked" filter supposed to look like that?

At $29.99 I do agree that "flocking" is part of the deal.

Mesh is oem part too. They come in flocked and mesh.

That mesh one for 30 shipped you better jump on. Thats a great deal.
You wont touch any of mine for that trust me.

Think I have this many NOS flocked left myself.

pafnos.jpg

The one shown on ebay has a fine nylon mesh, not flocked, it's a VERY good filter. A flocked filter is made from a coarse metal screen with a matt of chopped fabric bonded to the surface. Owners love to destroy these by cleaning them with a stiff brush that removes the flocked material and leaves the screen that is too coarse to be any good. Many of the new poulans and trimmers have a filter that is a firm element of compressed porous material, others have a thick reusable foam element that is really effective when lightly oiled. Flocked filters can be repaired by removing all the flocking from the screen and bonding on a couple of layers of thin felt that you can get at the dollar store or anywhere that sells crafts supplies.

Yes you can reflock filters. Guy from NC showed a thread in my CR group. Before after.

Spray glue and flocking materials. Have at at.

Why I never throw the old flocked filters away. Just in case ever need just reflock them.

affix.jpgaffixx.jpg

Does the filter assembly have any filtering material in between the mesh screens? Mine seems to have something in there, but the screens on mine are coarser than some of the pictures that I have seen. I suspect that the flocking has worn off of the air filter that I have.

Does the filter assembly have any filtering material in between the mesh screens? Mine seems to have something in there, but the screens on mine are coarser than some of the pictures that I have seen. I suspect that the flocking has worn off of the air filter that I have.
It's 2 piece take it apart. Take top screw out then flat blade and twist. Look for yourself. There is a slot to do so. Nothing inside.

I have them but not going to take time for a pic when you can do this yourself and learn from it. GL

pafusedd.jpgpafused.jpg

Latest posts

Back