ALC gone, so...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Toddppm

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
What would this be worth? 1995 GMC w/ 65k miles, diesel. ALC 50 ft.?
attachment.php

Im thinking between $15-$25,000 ???? at best

I see highrangers & altecs much newer for $29 - $40,000

the shame is those were really stable, durable lifts.....certain large companies are gonna be hurting unless they got parts on stock!

LXT............

California's bullshat aside, does anyone think that the recent bankruptcy of ALC will depreciate their boom values SUBSTANTIALLY? I've come across a few really nice ALC trucks in recent weeks at a very attractive price. Is this due to the normal market swings or is everybody ditching these units because of the possibility of a lack of parts in the future? It seems that with so many ALC booms on the job daily everywhere that there would still be a huge market for a parts supplier/certifier/maintenance team out there. Am I wrong on this?

I think it's a kneejerk reaction. Check the other thread...I heard something about there being a parts supplier in the works. However, I hope someone's scared enough to "give" me one this year. LOL!

California's bullshat aside, does anyone think that the recent bankruptcy of ALC will depreciate their boom values SUBSTANTIALLY? I've come across a few really nice ALC trucks in recent weeks at a very attractive price. Is this due to the normal market swings or is everybody ditching these units because of the possibility of a lack of parts in the future? It seems that with so many ALC booms on the job daily everywhere that there would still be a huge market for a parts supplier/certifier/maintenance team out there. Am I wrong on this?

Yup, seem's like a 'no-brainer' and that is why I joke. Waiting to have to smog chainsaws here.
Jeff

Last edited:
Yup, seem's like a 'no-brainer' and that is why I joke. Waiting to have to smog chainsaws here.
Jeff

Well, please forgive my naivete, old timer, I wasn't around when Skyworker bit the dust so I lack experience in this matter, hence the ####ing question you condescending prick. I'm not dumb enough to think that their value will not go down, but how much, I guess, is my question. There are tons of these trucks around and they were one of the most sought after booms at one time. I guess i just find it hard to believe that the service and certification aspect of ALC could not continue to thrive based SOLELY on the number of booms in the work force. I might be wrong, but I wouldn't consider it a no-brainer.

Well, please forgive my naivete, old timer, I wasn't around when Skyworker bit the dust so I lack experience in this matter, hence the ####ing question you condescending prick. I'm not dumb enough to think that their value will not go down, but how much, I guess, is my question. There are tons of these trucks around and they were one of the most sought after booms at one time. I guess i just find it hard to believe that the service and certification aspect of ALC could not continue to thrive based SOLELY on the number of booms in the work force. I might be wrong, but I wouldn't consider it a no-brainer.

Dang Blake's!!!!! Are you drunk? I was totally agreement with you! I don't know how you read it, but I assure you, I don't talk to you like that and you should watch your mouth. Read and think before you post or defend your post.
Jeff :love1:

Hey look, the word prick is not blocked :laugh:

I think you're seeing more trucks available based on the economy much more than the fact that ALC is gone. It's only been known for a little while hasn't it?

Where this one is sitting it would be gone in a NY minute any other time with all of the tree co's here. It's for sale at a dealer for $24,500. I didn't look it over really close but it looks pretty damn clean except for the crappy white over the Asplundh Orange or it might be an electric co. truck, didn't look that close.

Dang Blake's!!!!! Are you drunk? I was totally agreement with you! I don't know how you read it, but I assure you, I don't talk to you like that and you should watch your mouth. Read and think before you post or defend your post.
Jeff :love1:

I'm still undecided on the matter which is why I was looking for input from the guys who've been around the block a few more times than me. I took your "yup" as a response to my query "Am I wrong?", and I don't think it's such a cut and dried situation that anyone can give definitive evidence on one side or the other. Just looking for input and views.

Jeff, that tier 4 stuff.....in cali, do you have to get rid of the older machines & replace them? I thought if it was bought before a certain date it was ok?

this law is gonna change things in the construction trade!

as for ALC..........I would think someone would by the rights & service those units, gots to be money to be made doing that, not to mention if not.....then those things wont be worth squat!! thats just a shame! good boom & one time good company!!

LXT..............

Well,

Jeff, that tier 4 stuff.....in cali, do you have to get rid of the older machines & replace them? I thought if it was bought before a certain date it was ok?

this law is gonna change things in the construction trade!

as for ALC..........I would think someone would by the rights & service those units, gots to be money to be made doing that, not to mention if not.....then those things wont be worth squat!! thats just a shame! good boom & one time good company!!

Well, you don't have to sell it, but it could be very costly to bring it up to standards. As of now, anything older than 2006 get's tested. The Morbark we got rid of for $5000.00 and should of been worth closer to $20,000.00. It would of cost over $6000.00 to get it up to standards. California needs money and they will find every way possible to get it.
Jeff :cool2:

I imagine these lifts are going to go the same way Skyworkers did. You'll see a few random mom and pop small time boom mechanics collect a bunch for parts and extort the suckers dumb enough to still own them in 20-40 years from now. I dont know about your area, but I still see a lot of Skyworkers out there from the 60's and 70's.

I imagine these lifts are going to go the same way Skyworkers did. You'll see a few random mom and pop small time boom mechanics collect a bunch for parts and extort the suckers dumb enough to still own them in 20-40 years from now. I dont know about your area, but I still see a lot of Skyworkers out there from the 60's and 70's.

I've seen at least 2 or 3 Skyworkers still on the road here, all on beat ta hell old trucks. I'm not concerned with parts availability and service 20 years from now on ALC trucks, just the next ten or so.

Latest posts

Back