Alder trees are falling

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

H 2 H

FLASHER
Reaction score
View attachment 282254

4 Alders fell down yesterday across a driveway during that wind storm

With the wind/rain that we been having the last 6 days has made it kinda tough getting out

Atleast I got to use four saws (30 cc; 40 cc; 50 cc and 60 cc Class saws) today for 5 hours I'll have to get one of the 70 cc saw out tomorrow for the other trees the 20" b/c makes it so I have to make two cuts instead of just one

I love to eat brisket and smoked salmon, wish I were there too. :hmm3grin2orange:

Well hey, just come on by anytime your in the area and break bread. I'm always looking for a reason to fire the smoker up and I keep a pretty good reserve of commercially available Alder chips handy. Lake Michigan is in my backyard and the freezer is always well stocked with my salmon and trout catches.

I use real maple sugar and course salt with a pinch of brown sugar in my fish brine before I smoke it, the alderwood adds the perfect smoke flavor to the finished product.

I bet you cant wait to get orange alder stains all over those white saws :D

Should have (per Randymac): go 6 cube and fear no evil.....

30cc is fine for the twigs and leaves..... :hmm3grin2orange:

The 30 cc saw has a bunch of simple mods to it just wanted to see how it ran :msp_wink:

PS: I was up there again this am and man is it pouring down rain and blowing 25 plus just to many things falling off other trees to stay up there

Nice trees! Yep, wet ground and high winds always equals chainsaw trigger time around here...and usually ms barbs wire fencing action as well...

Nice trees! Yep, wet ground and high winds always equals chainsaw trigger time around here...and usually ms barbs wire fencing action as well...

I hit three fence staples today one on each chain I had with today

Only about 4 hours of trigger time today :msp_wink:

Then the wind and rain started so I came home

All that's left is the hauling :msp_tongue:

PS: I did get wacked by a limb falling off another tree just a little bit sore this morning

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back