All dressed up

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobL

No longer addicted to AS
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Although I dress my chainsaw bars using a 1/8 x 10" diam metal cutting wheel mounted on my old table saw, I saw these pieces of metal staring at me from my scrap metal box and a couple of hours later . . . . .

attachment.php

2 pieces of 3 mm Ally angle, one 6 mm piece of black anodized Ally, and Ally handle cut from a piece of 12 mm ally plate and shaped using a die grinder and belt sander. 5 mm Allen bolts from my spare nuts and bolts jar.

attachment.php

[/IMG]

http://www.arboristsite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=57199&stc=1&d=1190116694

Can hold most file thicknesses (the file shown is outta my scraps box. Angle between file and bar micro adjustable to 90degrees using set square and tweaking the allen bolts.

:cheers:

Hey Bob, you seem to be quite an inventor.

If my wife saw me using your new tool, I bet the next day I would be ironing my clothes myself :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

shhhhhh - please don't tell my wife I made this gizmo or I will have to make and fix more things around the house. She thinks I'm down in the shed messing about with feelty/durty chainsaws! As long as I keep coming up to the house with oily black hands I'm safe!!

Cheers

PS: I lived in Belgium for 9 months in 2003 and I LOVE the beer - I managed to keep a log of all the different beers I tasted while I was there and managed to get up to around 500 or so before I left.

PPS If you want to see a tool that really looks like an iron - take a look at this! You may even recognise a smilarity in the handle!

Last edited:
PS: I lived in Belgium for 9 months in 2003 and I LOVE the beer - I managed to keep a log of all the different beers I tasted while I was there and managed to get up to around 500 or so before I left.

Ahhhh, a connaisseur ! good for you. I fancy our beers a lot, especially the rahter heavy blond ones, like Duvel, and the famous "triples".

where did you stay in Belgium ? for business ?

Ahhhh, a connaisseur ! good for you. I fancy our beers a lot, especially the rahter heavy blond ones, like Duvel, and the famous "triples".

where did you stay in Belgium ? for business ?

Ahhh . . . Duvel - one of my favorites although I do like the dark trappiste ones too !

I was living in the town of Geel, in between Antwerpen and Eindhoven - I was working in an EEC laboratory. They had a great beer club whose members were mostly scandinavians. Their was one rule when we visited a bar - you have to try only new beers unless you have tried them all - if you did not you had to shout the next round irrespective of whether it was your turn or not.

Not many chainsaws around although I was not trying too hard to look.

Ahhh . . . Duvel - one of my favorites although I do like the dark trappiste ones too !

I was living in the town of Geel, in between Antwerpen and Eindhoven - I was working in an EEC laboratory. They had a great beer club whose members were mostly scandinavians. Their was one rule when we visited a bar - you have to try only new beers unless you have tried them all - if you did not you had to shout the next round irrespective of whether it was your turn or not.

Not many chainsaws around although I was not trying too hard to look.

Geel is actually not too far from my place, only about 50 miles away.

A belgian beer club with only scandinavians ......, hmmmm wrong club I would say, although they like to take advantage of our beers when visiting belgium :hmm3grin2orange:

There are quite some local customs if ya like about frequenting bars with friends, for ex. if you dare to ring the bell, the whole house gets one beer on you.

I agree with you that Geel is not a typical chainsaw area. Hardwoods are very popular though in the southern part of Belgium, that's were the wood industry is too.

Latest posts

Back