All I want for Christmas...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Florida16

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I'm making a list fer christmas! I need to know what are more important for me to get so i can put it on thure.

#1 is the Gecko II Ultra light climbers

only climbing things please

thanks

P.S. I got that Silky Zubat thingy you guys are always talking about. When I got to Vermeer and seen the $60.oo tag on it I about had a heart attack, but once I got it home and tried it out, made me realize it was ALL worth the money!

How about a climbing instructor? Sounds kinds dangerous to go out and buy all whistles when you don't how to blow one. What do you need gekos for? We only use those for certain removals. Surely you aren't ready for removals or have you mastered trimming and general climbing. Education is key to useing all these new high tech toys we have.

Originally posted by BigJohn
How about a climbing instructor?

i have to agree with bigjohn..learn to walk before you start to run,this job shows very little mercy when things go wrong..this job imo is for the very inner patient person..notice i wrote inner patient bigjohn ,Butch etc :D ..just be patient 16

and another thing florida16 a strong guy your age should be feeding the beast [chipper] and dragging brush..leaving us old boys to take it easy up a loft ;)

Originally posted by Florida16
I'm making a list fer christmas! I need to know what are more important for me to get so i can put it on thure.

#1 is the Gecko II Ultra light climbers

only climbing things please

thanks
Originally posted by Florida16
new gaffs for my spikes and ordered some Geckos two climber.

Man, the Gecko Two climbers are bad-to-the-bone! Also that Zubat knife thing is RAZOR sharp and looked nice to have in a tree to cut small limbs in your way.

You stated You had already Ordered them. :blob2:

The best xmas gift you can give yourself is a HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA!!!

I know you are all full of pi$$ and vinegar about climbing, but should you want to advance in anything a high school diploma is essential!!!

BTW what do your folks think about all this?

My parents would not hear of such a thing.

Last edited:
I agree w/ everyone; the guy needs to put in his time on the ground before he goes balls to the wall as a climber. Most importantly he needs to work under a qualified professional tree man; preferably someone who could call themselves an arborist.

A high school diploma surely is an important thing to have. However in this day in age unless you have college under your belt, you might as well have never attended the 1st grade! If you ever care to work for a reputable company/ run a business. I would strongly suggest screwing your head on straight and getting an education.

I'm not for giving a young guy crap, and i don't think anyone means to give you a hard time. But take a listen, it's unanimous! You should listen up!

BTW cancel the order on the Gecko's, and get some real gaffs that will last. Either Bashlin's or the T2's.

The last thing.....The zubat is a fine saw not a knife thingy!
:)

Originally posted by RAHTREELIMBS
The best xmas gift you can give yourself is a HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA!!!

I think you should get a college degree. All three of my siblings are doctors while I only hold a B.S. in finance. I wish now that I had hunkered down and become a doctor. I enjoy tree work but it sure is tough. My younger brother started out making $280,000 a year when he got out of school.

I know at least if I become crippled I can fall back on my degree. Education is something that can never be taken from you.

Good luck in whatever you do!

Originally posted by BigJohn
How about a climbing instructor? Sounds kinds dangerous to go out and buy all whistles when you don't how to blow one. What do you need gekos for? We only use those for certain removals. Surely you aren't ready for removals or have you mastered trimming and general climbing. Education is key to useing all these new high tech toys we have.

I'll show you a pic. if I can ever get my pictures resized of a 35' china berry tree that I removed the other day. I did some fine speedlining if I do say so myself!

Latest posts

Back