all sorts of ?'s

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stihlboy088

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
i'm not new to Bandmilling i've operated and worked for several part-time. But because of the portabilty of even the portable bandmills and because i don't have the coin to get set-up nice, how does CS milling work out for you guys? my family has decided against logging off our property with the exception of letting me go in and cut whatever i want. slabs vs. cants? is there a small market? or is it mostly cost effective for making your own lumber? also deciding against a saw i had metioned in a previously posted thread of mine, i think i'm going to step up and purchase a 395 instead of a 385, also what size mill should i think about buying? sorry it's long winded. getting slabs edged and planed isn't a problem, i'm still good friends with a few sawyers and custom lumber companies in the area.

It's slow, hard work, sweaty, and did I mention slow and hard? However, for me, it's perfect. I just mill for my own needs, and to help some friends break down big logs to fit on a small bandmill.

mark

Latest posts

Back