• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy Allis Chalmers and Ford chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill G

ArboristSite King
Reaction score
I am looking to buy or trade for any model of Allis Chalmers chain saw, There are quite a few models. I am also looking for any Ford but there are only a few models.

Serious buyer/trader

Its funny were I grew up in the 60's we had a big AC dealer and a big Ford dealer with lot of both brands of equipment around but neither sold chain saws. The JD dealer sold saws so there were some JD saws around. I have farmed for well over forty years 100 miles from were I grew up and have never seen a AC or Ford saw around here either. Some JD saws around here. A lot of old Homelite and Sears saws around here.

Bill, fill us in on what those are?

Even Acres site don't have anything but a mention.
The information in my web page on Allis Chalmers chain saws is pretty complete. If you scroll down on each model you will see a picture of the equivalent Poulan or Wright model used for the Allis Chalmers model. So what is missing. Mike Acres

The information in my web page on Allis Chalmers chain saws is pretty complete. If you scroll down on each model you will see a picture of the equivalent Poulan or Wright model used for the Allis Chalmers model. So what is missing. Mike Acres

What's missing is the correct information. Your listings are full of mistakes.

For example, the 75 and 75A were not based on Poulan S25 saws. They are based on model 25 saws. They are 2.1CI not 2.3CI like a S25.

The model 85 is based on a Poulan 100. The Wright 100 is based on the Poulan 100 also. Wright made no chainsaws those years. I have a copy of the patent for those showing it was granted to BEAIRD POULAN., nothing to do with Wright.

The Allis 95 is not based on a Poulan 306 , it is a copy of a Poulan 361

The Allis 295 is based on a Poulan 306SA.

Those are just from a quick glance, I didn't go deep into them.

I tried to help you with this stuff before and you still screwed it up. In the listing under Poulan 252 I did for you a few years back, I left the bar mount info blank as Poulan kinda used there own mount and the only Oregon mount would be a universal mount.

You filled it in to say it used a Oregon D176 mount. I contacted you to tell you thats incorrect but you told me that you worked for Poulan and essentially knew it all.

Well you should know that the D176 mount used a 5/16" slot in the bar. The 252 used 3/8's studs so it is impossible to bolt that D176 mount on that bar. Further more I doubt you find any of those bars with a deep enough slot to clear the drivers of the 1/2" pitch chain.

Your listing for the 252 still shows the wrong bar mount, you were told about it years ago and its still wrong. Why is that? You say you want correct info but then do nothing about it.

Its a shame.

I'll keep my eye out for any Bill. I have seen them occasionally pop up on Facebook marketplace here but usually stoopid money.
I appreciate that!

I am looking for a Ford 3000 or AC 5030/5040 tractor also but it needs to be a bit closer than your neck of the woods. Tough to get them from that far away bit a saw is simple.

Bill

Sorry Bill, but Mike asked what was wrong.. You watch it still won't get fixed..
Not a problem, just trying to buy or trade for a few saws. Which model was orange as I thought it was the 295 but I guess I am mistaken. Tomorrow, Fathers Day we used to always go to the Allis show about 60 miles NW of here and few ever have had saws. I always wanted to take a few

Latest posts

Back