Almost as fun as nose picking.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tbow388

Off The Air BEEEEEEEEP
Reaction score
Here is what I picked out of the garden Sunday.

veggies.jpg

I didn't have all of my tomatos in this pic. I had 7 that were ready and picked 8 last night.

I should have 30 or 40 this week.

Here is what I picked out of the garden Sunday.

veggies.jpg

I didn't have all of my tomatos in this pic. I had 7 that were ready and picked 8 last night.

I should have 30 or 40 this week.

Hey how long did it take your carrots to grow that big?? I have some sowed but they are only about 3 or 4 inchs long but not filled out??

I picked a cherry tomato today which surprised the heck out of me -- I was tying them up and weeding and what do we have!

Also picked a small eggplant that a slug had chewed into...I'll fry that up for lunch tomorrow.

Carrots

Hey how long did it take your carrots to grow that big?? I have some sowed but they are only about 3 or 4 inchs long but not filled out??

Those carrots have been planted since the 3rd week in april. I go about every other week and put my pitchfork down in the ground on the side of the row and pry upwards to loosen the soil. Don't know if it helps or not but I do it.

Mine from this evening:

1000492_467931166634408_147106640_n.jpg

Not much, but it looks like the flood will begin by later this weekend.

Best I can tell from my notes I'm running about 10 days ahead of a normal good year. Already had a tomato...my worst year ever I didn't have a single one ripen until September 9th!

Mater O'Mater

Here is a bunch O'Maters

maters.jpg

Here is what the maters turned into.

materpot.jpg

From there the stewed tomatoes went into ziplock bags and into the freezer.

Corny Yumm yumm

How do you gents cook your Corn?

My favorite way to cook corn is fresh on the grill.
I cat the hair off, soak it in a sink full of hot water with a tablespoon or two of butter for about 30 minutes and then on the grill it goes.

Other than that I just boil on the stove.

To put it up i blanch it for 5 minutes, cool and then into freezer bags and into the deepfreeze.

Here is a bunch O'Maters

maters.jpg

Here is what the maters turned into.

materpot.jpg

From there the stewed tomatoes went into ziplock bags and into the freezer.
nice lookin 'maters T.
How do you gents cook your Corn?

1.get water boiling, put corn in water 3 minutes,remove from water, salt,pepper to taste and BUTTER. or
2.microwave in husk about 3-4 minutes, it's HOT. cut about 1" of the cob off the big end,hold by silk end and shake ear out of husk.silk will stay in the husk.takes a little practice but it works great.BTW 1 piece of silk for each kernel and even amount of rows of kernels on a cob.

Lookin good tbow. :clap:

I have been flooded with squash and cukes. Lettuce is almost bolted and the radish long gone, going to plant another couple rows when the heat breaks. Gettin plenty of beets

Tomatoes, got loads BUT ALL STILL GREEN. My problem is I get plenty of veggies but never at the same time. I just hope I still have the cukes when the maters come in

I picked a cherry tomato today which surprised the heck out of me -- I was tying them up and weeding and what do we have!

Also picked a small eggplant that a slug had chewed into...I'll fry that up for lunch tomorrow.
The Slug or the plant??? Just curious. Never had me a garden. Ma, and I used to. Many years ago. Wished I knew something about growin' stuff like you guys have... I'll pass on the slug or anything it touched though. You should'a seen them NO., CA., slugs. Sheesh they were big and gross. Had to step lightly just to get inta the house. If you heard a big noise, just keep on steppin'. Wipe feet good before goin' in though.

Latest posts

Back