Alpina coil problem

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Terryv

Reaction score
Hi, I was given two old Alpina chainsaws (but never been used). Prof 90 and 120. All the rubber bits had disintegrated - so I cleaned, new carb kits (tillotson), new fuel filters and lines. The 120 fired up beautifully, but the 90 has a problem with the coil - same parts between them so swapped to confirm that this is the only problem. The coil has Ducati printed on it with a number 82-01 93 110 ? - it is a rectangular resin sealed box approx 2 3/4" x 1 2/3" x 1 1/2". I have searched but cannot find another coil. Questions - beside the coils, what is inside this box ? What regulates when to spark ? Can I fix it ? If not, where can I get another. Thanks very much

Terry- The Alpina saws are of Italian manufacture and are high-quality old saws. Sadly, most of the parts such as ignition modules have been NLA for going on 30 years. That being said, you're most likely going to have to find a module of similar dimensions to use in the place of your stocker. I have been working on finding a replacement for my Pro-70 for some time now and finally have it narrowed down to a horizontal-mount coil from a Kawasaki backpack blower. The Ducati modules used in the Alpina saws don't have any timing advancement circuitry that I'm aware of.

Back