Alpine at work

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

superior72

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
As some have requested here is my new Alpine at work. This was my first job around the corner from my house. It was a 34" birch stump about 8" high and I took it down to about 10" below ground. This is a typical Large job for this area. Thats about as big and as hard as they get. Entire job including clean up was about 1 hour. And charged going rate of $5 per inch on the width of widest point at ground level. This thing cuts like crazy:hmm3grin2orange:

How deep will it go if you don't dig around the stump first?

What do you do if the stump is higher - say, 24" above ground? Cut it down with a chainsaw and charge a premium? Or just grind it?

Blueridge,
The depth is not determined by the trenching around the stump. I only do that to ensure there are no hidden rocks in the area around the stump. I can easily grind out a stump up to probably 30" high if I wanted. But I just pull out my chainsaw and take the 10 seconds to zip it off. I charge no extra for the cutting because when i do my estimate I will factor that into the price. And they are paying for removal so I do what i need to do to remove.

Latest posts

Back